Community Calendar for Tuesday January 8, 2019
- Tribal Council will be in session today. On the morning agenda is Forestry’s Annual Allowable Cut; a Health & Human Services Update; and Indian Health Services Update.
- The Range & Ag Committee meets this morning from 10am til noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- Warm Springs fitness activities today are: Functional Fitness Class at 10:45 in the Community Center social hall; Volleyball at noon in the gym; Insanity class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and men’s open gym tonight from 6:30-8:50.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the Behavioral Health Center. Also today at noon there’s a Relapse Prevention Group, at 1:00 is a Men’s Group and Alcohol & Drug Education Class is at 3:30. And, at 3:00 there is a Voc Rehab orientation session.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is pork chops, mashed potatoes, green beans & canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- COCC’s Winter Term Adult Basic Skills classes are having orientation sessions this week in Warm Springs and Madras. Go to a class today or Thursday to register for Math. Wednesday is the last opportunity to enroll in Communications. The orientations are at 1pm at the Warm Springs Education Building and at 5:45pm at the Madras COCC Campus.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from 5:30-7pm at the Culture & Heritage Building.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The Madras City Council will meet at 7:00 this evening at City Hall.
- There is an Agency District Tribal Council candidates forum tomorrow at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 6 and the Forum will run from 7-9pm. Tribal Council Election Day is set for April 4th.
- Folks who are interested in volunteering for the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Point In Time Survey can attend an information session on Thursday from 5:30-7:30 at the Family Resource Center conference room.
The Recreation Department’s Sweetheart Sale is on February 1st at the Community Center. They will take the first 20 vendors – call the Rec office to sign up.
The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs is accepting applications for several Board and Commission vacancies. Notices for each can be downloaded from the Tribes’ website Warm Springs dash N S N dot GOV. The deadline is February 1.