Calendar Fri., Feb. 17, 2017
Community Calendar for Friday February 17, 2017
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10:45 at the senior building, noon basketball in the gym, at 12:10 there is functional fitness class in the aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at the clinic.
- The Community Health Program at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic today, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services include screening, assessment, crisis intervention, referrals to mental health, medical, substance treatment, or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- Madras High School is hosting the 1A Big Sky Conference district Basketball Tournament today and tomorrow. The South Wasco County Girls team plays at 3:00 this afternoon and KWSO is going to broadcast that contest.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center will show the movie, “The Duelists” (rated PG) tonight at 7:30. The film center is in the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library in Madras, it is free to attend.
- The Warm Springs Cougars 12 & Under Co-ed and 10 & Under Co-ed Tournament is this weekend at the Warm Springs Community Center.
- Funeral services for Cynthia Wooldridge (daughter of atwai Jennifer Moody) will be held tomorrow at 10am at the Madras Christian Church.
- A Veteran’s Budget-Focused Town Hall Meeting will be held tomorrow from 1-3 pm at Madras Performing Arts Center. Veterans are encouraged to attend to comment on enactment of Measure 96 and the Oregon Veteran’s Affairs Budget.
Monday is President’s Day, a federal holiday. There is no school Monday and the Tribal Organization will be closed.
Due to the President’s Day Holiday, Warm Springs Sanitation pick up days will be not have pickups on Monday. On Tuesday, they will do all of their Monday Routes and dailies, which are Deer Loop, the Trailer Park, Campus, and Senior Area. They will also do pickups in Kahneeta, Greeley Heights (with the exception of East & West Spur.) On Wednesday, they will do pickups on the regular Wednesday Routes plus Jackson Trail and & East/West Spur.
The next free spay and neuter clinic for dogs in Warm Springs is on Sunday, March 5th. Dogs can be dropped off starting at 7:30am, first come-first served, at the Community Building in Greeley Heights. The Humane Society will also be available to take dogs that need to be adopted from 8:30-10am.
The 22nd Annual Eagle Watch Celebration is February 25-26 at Round Butte Overlook Park. The celebration honors eagles and other raptors that live in the Lake Billy Chinook area. It will run from 10am to 4pm on Saturday and 10am to 3pm Sunday. Each day there will be wild eagle spotting, raptor education, birds of prey exhibits, silent auctions and kids activities.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs Annual Fundraiser will be Tuesday May 23rd at Kahneeta Resort and will feature a dinner and auction. Tickets are available online – just go to www.kwso.org and click on the Boys & Girls information at the top of the page. Donations of auction items are being accepted now – please contact June Smith at the club if you have something you can contribute.
February 16th, 2017