Funeral Arrangements for Amelia “Millie” Colwash
- Depart Autumn Funeral Home Redmond at Noon today
- Dressing 2pm Simnasho Longhouse
- Overnight Services
- Depart Simnasho Longhouse at 9am tomorrow morning
- Burial at Simnasho Cemetery
- The Mobile Medical Unit will be parked in Simnasho today. Call I H S to schedule an appointment.
- Fitness activities happening at the Community Wellness Center today: Volleyball at noon in the gym, Functional Fitness class is at 12:10 in the social hall and also at 12:10 there is a Boot Camp class in the aerobics room. The Community Center will close at 6pm today.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street. They are open for distribution this afternoon. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, they can learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- The Afterschool Program at the Youth Center is a free program Monday through Friday from 4-5:30pm for youth in kindergarten thru 12th It offers activities and healthy nutritious snacks.
- Today in Madras High School: Boys Tennis Hosts Redmond at 4:00, Girls Tennis competes at Redmond High School, Baseball hosts sisters at 4 and Varsity Softball plays in Sisters.
- Family Engagement Night is today starting at 5pm at the Warm Springs K – 8 Academy. There will be a meal, information, time with teachers and a presentation by the Rise and Shine Gymnastic kids.
- The Tribal Enterprise Informational meetings have been cancelled this week. They will be rescheduled in April.
- The Relapse Prevention Group meeting this afternoon has been cancelled.
- The Madras High School Music Department will have a concert tomorrow at the Performing Arts Center at 7pm.
- Jim Crary will be in Madras for a town hall meeting on health care, and a meet and greet Thursday. The town hall is from 4-5:30 at the Library Annex. A meet and greet will be held from 7-8:30 at Hunan’s Restaurant.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs Annual Fundraiser will be Tuesday May 23rd at Kahneeta Resort and will feature a dinner and auction. Tickets are available online – just go to www.kwso.org and click on the Boys & Girls information at the top of the page. Donations of auction items are being accepted now – please contact June Smith at the club if you have something you can contribute.
The Museum at Warm Springs is accepting artwork for its upcoming exhibit titled “Creativity Explored” – it is a community art exhibit that will showcase artists who live, work or are married into the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The deadline to submit work is Friday, April 14th at 5pm. Applications and guidelines are available at the Museum, if you have questions contact Natalie Kirk. The exhibit will be on display April 20-May 27.
HPV is a virus that can cause cancer. Cancer is a leading cause of death for American Indians. At age 11 and 12 children should get the HPV Vaccine to protect them from certain cancers. Talk with your health care provider to learn more.