Calendar Fri., Apr. 21, 2017
Community Calendar for Friday April 21, 2017
- A phone was lost at the Warm Springs ball fields last Friday, April 14th. If anyone found it, they are asked to call 553-2517.
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10:45 at the senior building, noon basketball in the gym, at 12:10 there is functional fitness class in the aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at the clinic.
- The Community Health Program at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic today, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services include screening, assessment, crisis intervention, referrals to mental health, medical, substance treatment, or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- Madras High School Varsity Baseball travels to Corbett high school, Varsity Softball plays Corbett today at 4 at home
- Today is the deadline for students to apply for the A. Susana Santos Journeys in Creativity program. It is a pre-college residential art camp for Native American teens June 17th-30th at the Oregon College of Art and Craft. Information and applications are available at ocac.edu.
- Madras High School Drama Club will present Oliver Twist tonight and tomorrow at 7pm at the Performing Arts Center.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show Mustang, rated PG-13, tonight at 7:30. Films are free and shown at the Rodriguez Annex, behind the library.
- Memorial services for Hilda Culpus will be held tomorrow. A stonesetting will be at 9am at the Mouth of the Warm Springs River Cemetery. Washut services will begin at 10am at the agency longhouse. A giveaway and meal will follow. The family is requesting for drummers to attend.
- A Week of the Young Child parade and activities will take place tomorrow from 10am to 1pm at Sahalee Park in Madras.
- The Kahneeta Mini Marathon is tomorrow. There are 14.5 mile, 10K and 5K runs. The 14.5 mile race will start at 8:30am, and the 10 & 5K runs at 9:30 at the Kahneeta Village Pool. Every participant will get a t-shirt, raffle tickets and a swim pass.
- The 2nd Annual Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Parade & Expo is tomorrow in Warm Springs. Parade lineup is at 10am, judging at 11 and the parade starts at noon. A lunch and expo will follow at 1pm. Pre-registration is required. Awards will be given for Best of Parade, Veterans, Auxiliaries, Band, Float, Drill Team, Use of Theme, Use of Color, Costumes, Patriotic Pets and Most Original. Find out more at www.wsala48.0rg or call 541-460-8212.
Warm Springs is taking part in a physical activity challenge from the Spokane Tribe. Participants are asked to do physical activity at least 150 minutes per week. Record your daily physical activity, it’s up to you to track your minutes and send them to email@example.com or in person at the community center physical therapy office (located next to the aerobics room.) The challenge runs April 24th and ends June 19th.
ECE classrooms C2-C4 are collecting cans through April to raise funds for their class field trips. Any donations can be dropped off at ECE.
The Pi-ume-sha Powwow Committee is seeking Queen Candidates for the 48th Annual Pi-ume-sha Treaty Days. Contact Louise Katchia, Cassie Katchia, Betty George or Ramona Baez for more information.
April 20th, 2017