Community Calendar for Thursday July 13, 2017
- Warm Springs Utilities is asking residents in the Warm Springs Agency Area including Greeley Heights plus Upper Dry Creek, Sunnyside and Wolfe Point to conserve water. Limit lawn watering and don’t leave your hose running.
- The 509J Summer meal program provides free nutritious meals to all kids age 18 and under. Breakfast is served at the Warm Springs Youth Center from 8:30-9 and lunch noon to 12:30.
- Summer Fitness Camp is held weekdays at the Youth Center from 9am to 5pm each day for kids ages 6 to 17.
- Vacation Bible School at the Warm Springs Baptist Church continues today and tomorrow from 9am to noon each day for kids completing Kindergarten thru 5th
- Warm Springs jurors need to check-in at 9:30 this morning at Warm Springs Tribal Court.
- Displaced Warm Springs Forest Products workers are eligible for the Trade Adjustment Assistance Program. They will be at the Greeley Heights Community Building for 2 sessions – at 1pm and 1:30. You only need to attend one and they last for 2 hours.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Fitness activities scheduled for today at the Community Wellness Center at 12:10: Functional fitness class in the social hall, and boot camp class in the aerobics room.
- Wellness of Warm Springs will meet today at noon in the Conference Room at the Family Resource Center. Russell Graham, new Sanitarian is the guest. Lunch is provided
- Guiding Butterflies & Mighty Warriors classes meet today from 1-3 at Community Counseling. Class is for adults to participate in cultural-based crafts and activities.
- Today is the last day of the Volleyball Clinic at the Youth Center. Kids ages 7-12 are welcome; it’s from 3-5:00.
- The Youth Wellness Program is hosting Sports Conditioning class this evening at the Youth Center from 7-8:30. It is open to kids 8-18.
- Tomorrow is the Application Deadline for Warm Springs Head Start and Early Head Start. To complete an application contact Family Services at ECE. The Head Start Round Up is on July 25th at I H S. Call the clinic for an appointment.
- The Jefferson County Relay for Life Event is this Saturday and Sunday at the Fairgrounds in Madras.
- The Veteran Benefits Expo will be held at the Deschutes Fair and Expo Center in Redmond Saturday. It starts at 10am. There will be over 75 booths featuring state and federal service providers, nonprofit agencies, employers and other local partners that may be of benefit to veterans and their families. It is free to attend.
- The Portland Wellbriety Group will be in Warm Springs again this Saturday Wellbriety Meeting at the VFW Hall from 1-3pm.
- This Saturday – Andy Stokes – the Northwest’s King of Soul is playing at Kah-Nee-Ta. Doors open at 7pm and the show is at 9. Learn more and purchase tickets in advance at kwso.org – just click on the Andy Stokes Ad at the top of the page.
The Red Cross is facing its most critical blood shortage of the year. There’s an urgent need for those who are available. Upcoming blood drives will be done on in Madras at St. Patrick’s Church July 19th from 1-6pm and at Bright Wood July 25th from 10:30-3:30. In Warm Springs, there will be a blood drive on July 26th from 9:30-2:30 at the Health and Wellness Center. To schedule now, you can visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
Warm Springs OSU Extension is taking a field trip to the Hood River Fruit Loop. They will make several stops at orchards and fruit stands. Space is limited, you need to call to reserve a spot. It’s on Thursday, July 20th. They will leave the Education Building at 7:30am and return around 5:00. It’s free and transportation is provided, you should bring your own lunch or plan to buy one in Parkdale. You can call 541-553-3238 to reserve a spot.
The Indian Head Casino 2017 Solar Eclipse concerts will happen the weekend of Aug 19th-21st. This three-day gathering will offer a variety of genres from local to national level Native American artist including award winning Native American artist Kelly Jackson, Arlie Neskahi, and Warm Springs Native Charles Littleleaf. You can learn more about the schedule at indianheadgaming.com.