Funeral Arrangements for Trudie Gaye Smith – There will be a 10 viewing Monday (8/14/17) at the Agency Longhouse. Washaat Services will follow (one seven) and then Burial will be at the Warm Springs Agency Cemetery. After the burial – a meal will be served back at the Agency Longhouse.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship is this morning at 9:30 at High Lookee Lodge.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- It’s back to school tomorrow for Kindergarten thru 8th grade students at the Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy. The school day is 8:15 to 3:30 daily. There is school thru Thursday this week. And next week Wednesday thru Friday.
- The Boys & Girls club will go to after school programming starting tomorrow. They will be open full day on August 18th and 22nd. They are closed for the Solar Eclipse on August 21st.
- Here is what is on Warm Springs Tribal Council’s Agenda for tomorrow: a 2018 Budget Update; Housing Update; the Honor Veterans Powwow, CPS Update; Centralized Billing Update; and an update on High Lookee Lodge
- There is a food handler’s class tomorrow from 2-4pm in the I H S atrium.
- The MAC Dash Sprint Triathlon is on September 9th. It consists of a 500-yard swim, 12-mile bike ride and a 3-mile run. Both individual and team competitors are welcome. New this year is the Middle MAC Dash – it is a free timed event designed for youth 11-14. The Mini MAC Dash is also free and for kids 10 and under. The early registration deadline is tomorrow. Registration will close on September 3rd. No “day of” registrations will be taken. Registration should be done online.
- The final community meeting on Solar Eclipse events in Warm Springs is rescheduled for tomorrow from 5:30-8pm at the Community Center Social Hall.
- The Mobile Medical Unit will be located in the Community Center parking lot on Tuesday. Appointments can be made by calling the Medical Department at the clinic.
- The Finance Pre-Budget Meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday at the Greeley Heights Community Building A light snack will be provided at 5:30pm, the meeting is at 6. Short presentations will be given from each tribal branch on budget priorities and the membership will have the opportunity to provide input for the 2018 proposed budget.
The Papalaxsimisha Program is doing a Clothing Drive through August 30th. There is a drop box located at the Family Resource Center. They are looking for donations of new or gently used clothing & shoes, and new socks & underwear for all ages. Items will be distributed at the Back to School BBQ. FMI: Jaylyn Suppah 541-280-1933
Native Aspirations presents the Native Sol Solar Eclipse Fest August 19-21at the grassy area in front of the Behavioral Health Center. It will feature food and merchandise vendors and family activities. There will be live music by Blue Flamez, Kelly Jackson and a powwow. Anyone interested in being a vendor will need to register and pay fees at the Family Resource Center with Reina Estimo. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org