Community Calendar for Friday September 22, 2017
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10:45 at the Senior Center, PiYo Class at 12:10 in Pod A at the Clinic and Functional Fitness Class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- Diabetes Prevention’s Camelback Trail Hike is today at noon. Be one of the first 50 hikers (18 and over) to sign up before 12:30 and you will get a gray zip-up hoodie. Look for their tent across from Upper Dry Creek Road. The hike usually takes over an hour to complete so allow plenty of time and be sure to wear proper shoes and attire. Water will be provided for the hike, and a healthy bean salad will be served after.
- The Community Health Program at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic today, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services include screening, assessment, crisis intervention, referrals to mental health, medical, substance treatment, or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- The Warm Springs Horse Network is hosting the Equus Film Festival – films about horses. Today’s films will be shown at the Performing Arts Center in Madras from 2pm through 10pm. And, tomorrow the festival will start with children’s films from 10:00 til noon. There is free admission for kids during this time and it will be $5 for accompanying adults. Warm Springs Recreation is taking up to 40 kids and parents to the children’s films – sign up at the Community Center office. The afternoon matinee shows will start at noon and continue to 10:00 pm. Tickets will be available at the door.
- Madras High School Soccer team pictures are today – the girls at 3:30, boys at 4:00 at the MHS soccer fields.
- Madras High School Varsity Football takes on Molalla tonight at home, kick off is at 7. KWSO will broadcast the game live.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show the movie The Usual Suspects, rated R, tonight at 7:30 in the Rodriguez Annex. Films are free, refreshments are available to purchase.
- Anyone interested in attending the play “Off the Rails” at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland should contact Joann Smith today to inquire about free tickets. The available dates are this Sunday and October 3, 9, 26 & 28. You can reach Joann at 541-480-8016.
- The 7th Annual Warm Springs Tribal Celebration at Mount Hood Ski Bowl is tomorrow from 1-4:00 at Skibowl West. Everyone is welcome.
- OSU Extension’s Fall Fruit Loop Tour to Parkdale & Hood River is tomorrow. Call 541-553-3238 to reserve a spot.
The 5th annual Jim Pepper Native Arts Festival is Saturday, September 30th at the Parkrose High School campus in Portland from 11am-7pm. It is an all ages, free event featuring performances by Native musicians and remembering the legacy of Jim Pepper. There will be Native artists, jewelers, foods, dancers, handcrafted items and more. See details at www.jimpepperfest.net
Warm Springs Recreation’s Fall Round Up Yard Sale is September 30th on the front lawn of the Community Center from 9am to 4pm. To sign up for a table call 541-553-3243.
The Museum at Warm Springs is having a Swing Into Fall Food & Vendor Sale Saturday, September 30th from 10am to 4pm. Folks can support local artists and vendors. If you are interested in being a vendor, contact Lucinda or Emily at 541-553-3331.