Community Calendar for Wednesday November 15, 2017
- It is Native Spirit Week at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy and today is Bead Day. Show off your beadwork – a beaded barrette, a medallion or a necklace made from beads. For hundreds of years Native artists have decorated clothing and accessories with beads. Tomorrow will be Rock Your Mocs Day.
- Today’s fitness schedule: Water Aerobics is at the Kahneeta Village Pool at 10:15, Senior Fitness Class at 10:45 at the Senior Center, at 12:10 there is Functional Fitness Class in the aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at the clinic atrium and an afternoon Turbo Kick class at 4:00. There is Ladies Night Basketball at 6:00.
- Warm Springs Recreation is having a Rock Your Mocs community walk today from 11:30 til 1:00. They invite folks to sport their moccasins and take a walk around the community center path to honor our ancestors and celebrate Native American Heritage Month.
- Women’s Group meets at 1:00 today at the Behavioral Health Center. Also today, there is Anger Management Group at 3:30, Wellbriety at 5:15 and an evening Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at 7.
- There is practice today for Buffalo Skywalkers. Scrimmages are tomorrow at 4, 5 & 6:00.
- There is Warm Springs Christian Fellowship this evening at 6 at High Lookee Lodge.
- Tribal Members are invited to a meeting on Wills and Funeral Processes this evening from 6-9 at the Agency Longhouse. You can learn about Will Documents and the Tribal Code covering Probate. And, find out about the Tribes’ Funeral Resolution and Agreement, with guidance from tribal elders. All tribal members are encouraged to attend.
- The Jefferson County School District is holding a Substitute Recruitment Fair tomorrow from 9am to noon at the Madras Performing Arts Center. There is a need for substitute teachers, instructional assistants, bus drivers, custodians, secretaries and food service workers. Folks looking for part-time work can find out the qualifications for each position and complete the necessary paperwork at the Fair.
- There is an ECE Mini Powwow tomorrow at 10am at the Agency Longhouse.
- The Wellness of Warm Springs lunch will celebrate The Great American Smokeout tomorrow at the Family Resource Center at noon. Guest speaker is Scott Kalama, Tobacco Prevention Specialist.
- The MAC Recreation District, Kiwanis & Lions 2018 Youth Basketball Program will run from January 20th through March 3rd. Games are played on Saturdays. The Early Bird Deadline is tomorrow. The fee will go up after. They also need volunteer coaches. The leagues are for girls and boys in grades 3 & 4 and 5 & 6. Details and registration information is available online.
- Warm Springs K8 Academy Awards Assemblies are Friday. The 6th thru 8th grade assembly is at 9:15, the 3rd thru 5th grade assembly at 9:40 and Kinder thru 2nd grade at 10:10.
- The Diabetes Prevention Program is putting on the Gobble Wobble Walk Friday at noon. It will be at the walking path around the clinic.
Warm Springs Social Services has received funding for energy assistance grants. They are accepting applications. See Ollie or Fay at Social Services located at the Family Resource Center.
Anyone interested in being a vendor at the Warm Springs Christmas Bazaar on December 9th should contact the Recreation Department at 541-553-3243 for details.