Community Calendar for Thursday December 7, 2017
- The Timber Committee meets this morning at 9:00 in the Forestry Building.
- Warm Springs jury duty is cancelled for today.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Fitness activities scheduled for today at the Community Wellness Center: There’s Boot Camp class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall.
- There will be no Men’s IBA tonight, and no Noon Ball tomorrow due to activities scheduled in the gym.
- Warm Springs K-8 Boys Basketball plays at Sisters Middle School today, both 7th and 8th grade games start at 3:30.
- The Cowboy Craft Fair and Car Light Parade is this evening at the Community Center. Parade Line Up will begin at 5 in front of the old elementary school, judging is at 6 and the parade begins at 7. The Craft Fair is from 5-8pm. Dinner will be served from 5:30-6:30.
- Youth who would like to participate in the Christmas play, “Peace Came in the Cradle,” should attend practice this evening from 5-6:30 in the Community Center Aerobics Room.
- Art Adventure Gallery will hold its December exhibit opening tonight from 5:30-7.
- The JCMS Winter concert is from 7-9:00 tonight at the Performing Arts Center.
- The Buffalo Skywalkers Youth Basketball League will be on break for the month of December. The program will resume on January 2nd.
- Warm Springs Presbyterian Church is having its Christmas Bazaar tomorrow from 10am to 3pm. It will have baked goodies, handmade items and gifts. An Indian Taco Sale will begin at 11.
- Louis Ceramics will have a Christmas Sale tomorrow at the Health & Wellness Center from 11am to 3pm.
- The Mission Church of Madras invites everyone to join its free Polar Express event tomorrow at 5:30pm featuring a light dinner, crafts and hot chocolate. It is located at 178 SW Fifth Street.
- Madras Varsity Boys Basketball are hosting a tournament this weekend. They play tomorrow at 7pm, and you can hear it live on 91.9fm.
- The Madras Saturday Market is holding a Holiday Market tomorrow from noon to 7pm and from 9am to 4pm Saturday at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds.
- A comedy night featuring Marc Yaffee and Gilbert Brown is coming to Kahneeta Resort tomorrow night. Doors open at 7:30. A cover charge will be charged at the door and it’s a 21 and over event.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center will show An American Tail tomorrow night at 7:30. It’s a pajama party evening for the whole family. The film center is in the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library.
- Buff Elementary is holding a Breakfast with Santa fundraiser on Saturday from 9-11am at the school. It will be pancakes and pictures with Santa – proceeds benefit school activities.
- The 42nd Annual Warm Springs Christmas Bazaar is on Saturday at the Community Center from 10am to 4pm.
- A Santa’s Workshop will be held at the Metolius Train Depot on Saturday from 11am to 2pm with craft projects. Chili and nachos will be served at noon.
- East Cascade Assisted Living will hold a Christmas Bazaar on Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
- The Jefferson County Library will host a free performance for all ages by Michael McGinnis as the Grinch and a visit from Santa this Saturday at 2pm at the Rodriguez Annex.
- The annual Holiday Gala, with music and dance performances will be held Saturday at 7pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Tickets will be available at the door.
The Annual Holiday Toy Drive is underway to benefit local children and youth ages 2-17 in Warm Springs. Tribal Social Services is collecting new, unwrapped toys as well as coats, hats, mittens and socks for local families through December 18th. Items can be dropped off at the Warm Springs Media Center, Social Services office or Tribal Management Office.
Warm Springs Ventures is advertising for a Staff Accountant. The job closes December 29th. For a full job description contact Leslie Cochran-Davis at 541-553-3207 or Sandra Danzuka at 553-3565.
While you are here – click on the “contribute now” button on our home page to learn about how you can become a KWSO sustaining member for as little as $10 a month. Our end of the year sustaining member pledge drive runs through December 31st.