Community Calendar for Wednesday December 6, 2017
- Today’s fitness schedule: Senior Fitness Class at 10:45 at the Senior Center, at 12:10 there is Functional Fitness Class in the aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at the clinic atrium and an afternoon Turbo Kick class at 4:00. There is Ladies Night Basketball at 6:00.
- Women’s Group meets today at 1:00 at the Behavioral Health Center (Community Counseling)
- There is a food handler’s class this afternoon from 2-4:00 in the I H S atrium.
- Warm Springs K-8 Academy’s Family Craft Night is this evening. Dinner is from 5-6:30 and crafts from 5:30-7.
- The “Peace Came in the Cradle” Christmas play will be on December 13th at the Warm Springs Community Center. All children who would like to be involved are invited to practice for the play Monday-Thursday from 5-6:30 in the aerobics room.
- There is Warm Springs Christian Fellowship this evening at 6 at High Lookee Lodge.
- The Buffalo Skywalkers Youth Basketball League will be on break for the month of December. The program will resume on January 2nd.
- The Timber Committee meets tomorrow at 9am in the Forestry Building.
- There will not be Men’s IBA tomorrow, and no Noon Ball on Friday due to activities scheduled in the gym.
- The Health & Human Services Branch, Native Aspirations and Warm Springs Recreation are putting on the Cowboy Craft Fair and Car Light Parade tomorrow at the Community Center. Parade Line Up will begin at 5 in front of the old elementary school, judging is at 6 and the parade begins at 7. The Craft Fair is from 5-8pm. Dinner will be served from 5:30-6:30.
- The JCMS Winter concert is tomorrow from 7-9pm at the Performing Arts Center.
- Warm Springs Presbyterian Church is having a Christmas Bazaar on Friday from 10am to 3pm. It will have baked goodies, handmade items and gifts. An Indian Taco Sale will begin at 11.
- Louis Ceramics will have a Christmas Sale on Friday at the Health & Wellness Center from 11am to 3pm.
- The Mission Church of Madras invites everyone to join its free Polar Express event on Friday at 5:30pm featuring a light dinner, crafts and hot chocolate. It is located at 178 SW Fifth Street.
- Listen to Madras High School Boys Basketball Friday night on 91.9fm. It’s the Boys Invitational – tune in starting at 7pm.
- The Madras Saturday Market is holding a Holiday Market Friday from noon to 7pm and from 9am to 4pm Saturday at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds.
- A comedy night featuring Marc Yaffee and Gilbert Brown is coming to Kahneeta Resort on Friday. Doors open at 7:30. A cover charge will be charged at the door and it’s a 21 and over event.
The Museum at Warm Springs is having its Santa’s Last Stop Christmas Sale Friday, December 22nd from 10am to 3:30pm. It is open to the first ten vendors who register. For more info call 541-553-3331 or stop by the Museum.
Individuals can support KWSO programming during our year end “sustaining membership” pledge drive through December 31, 2017. A Sustaining membership means you can give $10 or $20 a month and set it up for recurring payments off your credit card. To learn more – visit our website kwso.org and click on the “contribute now” button to become a KWSO sustaining member.