Community Calendar for Friday January 12, 2018
- Charles Madras will hold a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for its recently completed renovations this morning at 8. Everyone is welcome.
- Here are some fitness activities happening today: Senior Fitness class is at 10:45 at the Senior Center, PiYo Class at 12:10 in Pod A at the Clinic and Functional Fitness Class at 12:10 in the Aerobics Room.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today at the Health & Wellness Center – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Today is the last day to apply for the Housing Choice Voucher Program, formerly known as the Section 8 program. It closes at 5:00. This program is open to low-income qualified residents of Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook Counties. Applicants must apply online.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center will show the movie “Albert Nobbs,” rated R, tonight at 7:30. Films are free to watch in the Rodriguez Annex, behind the Library in Madras.
The Warm Springs Tribes offers emergency text messages to communicate information to the general public and Tribal Employees. Weather related delays, closures and other impacts are relayed in a text message for anyone who signs up to receive the messages. Here is the link. You’ll need to provide your name, cell phone number, service provider and an email address. Most but not all providers will work for the emergency messages.
Folks are invited to take part in the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service opportunities in Warm Springs on Monday. AmeriCorps VISTA’s are putting on a volunteer day at High Lookee Lodge, and with the Housing Authority. You can find out more at www.volunteercentraloregon.org.
A Wellbriety Celebrating Families class series for parents will begin January 16th. Classes will be Tuesday and Thursday mornings through February at the Behavioral Health Center. To learn more and to register contact Sarah Frank at 541-615-0036.
Warm Springs Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey interviewers are seeking Warm Springs Adults 18 and old to participate in the survey. It takes about an hour to complete and you will be sent a $30 gift card for your time. You can call Christina at Family Preservation to schedule at 541-615-0036. They have about 200 surveys completed with a goal of 500.
The Warm Springs Branch of Natural Resources will be holding a meeting at the Community Center Social Hall on Monday from 4 to 7 pm. The meeting is open to anyone interested in hearing updates from the managers regarding the Forestry, Fisheries, Range, Water & Soil, and Wildlife Programs.