Community Calendar for Tuesday February 13, 2018
- 3 Warriors Market will be closing at 10am to install a new cash register. They will not be able to sell groceries or fuel until the system is installed. They will re-open once the new register is up and running.
- Eagle Crossing Restaurant is closed this week for repairs to the building.
- The Mobile Medical Unit will be located at the Senior Center today. Call the medical department at the clinic to schedule an appointment.
- Fitness activities happening during the noon hour at the Community Wellness Center today are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Boot Camp class in the aerobics room. There’s Men’s IBA tonight at 7:15. There is a Fusion Fitness Class tomorrow morning at 6:00 – suitable for all fitness levels – in the aerobics room.
- Seniors are invited to the Warm Springs Senior Center for lunch today from noon to 1pm. On the Menu Today: Roast Beef with baked Red Potatoes. Those 60 and older eat for free. Lunch is $5 for anyone age 12 to 59 and children under 12 cost $3 each.
- Here are the groups and classes happening today at the Behavior Health Center: Alcoholics Anonymous is at noon, Men’s Group meets at 1:00, Mending Hearts Group is at 1:30, Relapse Prevention is at 3:30 and Alcohol & Drug Education Class is at 5:00.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- Soaring Butterflies Warrior Spirit Class is afterschool today at the Warm Springs K8 Academy from 3:30-5.
- Madras High School Freshman, JV & Varsity boys basketball host Gladstone – games are at 5:30 and 7pm. The girls teams play in Gladstone.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30. The meeting will be held at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
Wednesday 2/14 Valentine’s Day
- The Museum at Warm Springs’ “You Had Me at Hello” Valentine’s Day Lunch & Sale is tomorrow from 10:00 am to 3:30 pm. There will be artwork for sale by local artist, a lunch for $5, a raffle and free admission.
- OSU Extension is seeking volunteers for its Master Food Preserver Program. Volunteers help folks make safe food preservation choices. Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson, Wheeler and Warm Springs Extension offices are recruiting applicants to participate in 48 hours of in-depth food safety and preservation training on Tuesdays April 10-May 29. You need to apply by this Thursday. To get more information and to apply visit extension.oregonstate.edu.
- A kick-off event for Jefferson County Relay for Life is at the Madras-Jefferson County Chamber Business after Hours gathering on Thursday at 5:30pm at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in the Mackie Conroy building. Everyone is invited to attend and learn more about the Relay for Life – which will be held this year on July 14th and 15th at the fairgrounds.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team AARP Tax Aide Site is offering free tax preparation and filing on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To make an appointment – call 541-553-3148.
The Warm Springs Ski Day at Mt. Hood Meadows is set for Monday March 5th – which is a no school day. Transportation, Rentals, Lessons & Lunch will all be provided by Mt. Hood Meadows. To sign up – call KWSO at 541-553-1968 or email email@example.com. Space is limited and sign up is first come, first serve – for those who return their completed paperwork. You can download the forms here.
Warm Springs Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey interviewers are seeking Warm Springs Adults 18 and old to participate in the survey. It takes about an hour to complete and you will be sent a $30 gift card for your time. You can call Christina at Family Preservation to schedule at 541-615-0036.