Community Calendar for Tuesday March 13, 2018
- The mobile medical unit will be located at the Campus area today. Call the medical department at the clinic to schedule an appointment.
- Tribal Council is meeting today. They will hear Committee Updates this morning from Culture & Heritage, Education and Fish & Wildlife. This afternoon there will be updates from the Health & Welfare and Range & Ag Committees.
- The Jefferson County Library has story time today. At 10:10am it’s songs, rhymes, actions and stories for babies and toddlers. At 10:30am, preschool kids and older can participate in songs, stories and crafts. And, at 6 this evening there will be songs, stories and crafts for children of all ages.
- Fitness activities happening during the noon hour at the Community Wellness Center today are Functional Fitness class in the social hall and Boot Camp class in the aerobics room. There’s Men’s IBA tonight at 7:15. There is a Fusion Fitness Class tomorrow morning at 6:00 – suitable for all fitness levels – in the aerobics room.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is spaghetti, green salad, garlic bread and a choice of fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $3 and youth are $1 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at noon today at the Behavioral Health Center. Other groups and meetings today: Men’s Group at 1:00;; Relapse Prevention at 3:30 and Alcohol & Drug Education at 5.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling. If you or someone you know has or may have a disability that is a barrier to employment or employment advancement, learn about their options at an orientation or by calling 553-4952.
- Soaring Butterflies Warrior Spirit Class is afterschool today at the Warm Springs K8 Academy from 3:30-5.
- Madras High School varsity baseball hosts Eagle Point at 4:00 this afternoon. Girls’ tennis has home matches starting at 4 also. Boys’ tennis is at The Dalles.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The High Desert Museum will present Animal Adventures at the Jefferson County Library’s Rodriguez Annex tomorrow. Hear their wild tales and join in on a fun craft from 10:30-11:15. The feature this month is the Oregon Trail.
- Warm Springs K8 Academy will have a Family Literacy Night tomorrow. There will be dinner served from 5-6:00. Literacy activities are from 5:30-7. Families will have the opportunity to read together and learn about resources that make reading fun, activities that provide free books and a chance to learn sign language.
- There is a 509-J School Board meeting tomorrow at 7pm at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy.
- The Splash-A-Palooza Bobcats are putting on a silent auction to raise funds for the Madras Splash Park. It is on Thursday from 4-7:00 at the Madras COCC. Light snacks will be provided, plus activities and information booths.
- There will be a Community Education Class on Thursday from 5:30 to 8:30 pm at the Family Resource Center. Charlene There will be a presentation on Drug Endangered Children and another on Meth Contamination.
- The High Desert community Theater will present Your Guests Are Ghosts this Thursday thru Sunday. Shows are at 7pm Thursday, Friday & Saturday and a matinee at 2:00 on Sunday at the Performing Arts Center.