Community Calendar for Wednesday March 14, 2018
- Tribal Council will meet this morning. On the agenda Columbia River and Columbia Basin Tribes & First Nations Staff Conference Call and Committee Updates from Timber Committee, Miss Warm Springs and the Water Board
- The High Desert Museum will present Animal Adventures at the Jefferson County Library’s Rodriguez Annex this morning. Hear their wild tales and join in on a fun craft from 10:30-11:15. The feature this month is the Oregon Trail.
- Today’s fitness schedule: Senior Fitness Class at 10:45 at the Senior Center, at 12:10 there is Functional Fitness Class in the aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at the clinic atrium and an afternoon Turbo Kick class at 4:00. There is Ladies Night Basketball at 6:00.
- Here is what is on the lunch menu for Senior Fitness class participants today at the Senior Wellness Center: turkey vegetable soup, whole wheat dinner rolls and a choice of fruit.
- The Opportunity Foundation Possibilities Thrift Store in Madras is having a bag sale today.
- Women’s Group meets this afternoon at 1:00 at the Behavioral Health Center. Anger Management Group is at 3:30, Wellbriety Court Class at 5:15 and there is an evening Alcoholics Anonymous meeting at 7:00.
- Conscious Discipline Skill Building Class is this afternoon from 1:30 to 3:00 at ECE in room 2E. Its open to the community.
- Madras High School JV & Varsity Baseball have home games at 4:00 vs. Bend; the JV & Varsity softball teams play at Bend; and the Track team has a meet at Summit High School.
- Warm Springs K8 Academy is having a Family Literacy Night this evening. Dinner will be served from 5-6:00. Literacy activities are from 5:30-7. Families will have the opportunity to read together and learn about resources that make reading fun, activities that provide free books and a chance to learn sign language.
- There is Warm Springs Christian Fellowship this evening at 6 at High Lookee Lodge.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- There is a 509-J School Board meeting tonight at 7:00 at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy.
- The Water Control Board meets tomorrow from 1-3pm at the Natural Resources Cougar Den.
- The Splash-A-Palooza Bobcats are putting on a silent auction to raise funds for the Madras Splash Park tomorrow from 4-7:00 at the Madras COCC. Light snacks will be provided, plus activities and information booths.
- There will be a Community Education Class tomorrow from 5:30 to 8:30 pm at the Family Resource Center. Charlene There will be a presentation on Drug Endangered Children and another on Meth Contamination.
- The Jefferson County Fire Department and EMS are holding a Town Hall Meeting tomorrow at 6pm at the Fairgrounds. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- The High Desert community Theater will present Your Guests Are Ghosts at the Performing Arts Center. Shows are at 7pm Thursday, Friday & Saturday and a matinee at 2:00 on Sunday.
Warm Springs Culture & Heritage Language Program is looking for volunteers to help chaperone, coach, judge and assist at the 2018 Language Bowl on May 24th at the Wildhorse Resort. To learn more call Culture and Heritage at 541-553-3290.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team AARP Tax Aide Site is offering free tax preparation and filing on Tuesdays and Thursdays. To make an appointment – call 541-553-3148.
Four MHS students are raising money for their trip to visit Madras’ sister city, Tomi City, Japan, this June. They are selling tickets for their Sister City Mega Prize Raffle. Tickets can be purchased from the students, at the Jefferson County Chamber office or by calling Jason at 541-777-1252. The drawing will be done on April 4th.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team has two new positions opening this month. They are Small Business Incubator Manager and Small Business Bookkeeper. For details and to apply, contact Chris Watson at the Community Action Team.