Community Calendar for Tuesday April 17, 2018
- Warm Springs ECE is celebrating Week of the Young Child. Today is Tasty Tuesday. Cooking together connects math with literacy skills, science, and more. With the rise in childhood obesity, you can encourage healthy nutrition and fitness habits at home and in the classroom. TRY THIS: Measure your ingredients while making your snacks! Ask children if they’d like the same or different amounts of each ingredient.
- Fitness activities happening at noon at the Community Wellness Center are Functional Fitness in the social hall and Boot Camp in the aerobics room. There is a Fusion Fitness Class tomorrow morning at 6:00 – suitable for all fitness levels – in the aerobics room.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is ranch pork chops, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and a choice of fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Madras-Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce Board of Director’s meets today at noon in the Chamber Conference Room.
- Today’s groups at the Behavioral Health Center are: Alcoholics Anonymous at noon, Men’s Group at 1:00, Relapse Prevention at 3:30 and Alcohol & Drug Education at 5.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- The Warm Springs Vocational Rehabilitation Program has orientation today at 3pm at Community Counseling.
- Soaring Butterflies Warrior Spirit Class is afterschool today at the Warm Springs K8 Academy from 3:30-5.
- Madras High School Girls Tennis has home matches today starting at 4:00; Boys Tennis travels to Estacada.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church’s revival continues tonight and tomorrow at 6:30. Special guest is Evangelist Gerry Locklear from the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina.
- The Timber Committee meets tomorrow from 9-noon at the Forestry Building. Culture and Heritage Committee will meet from 4-6 at the administration building.
- The Kahneeta Mini-Marathon is on Saturday. There are 5 and 10K races, a 1-mile fun run/walk and the 14.5-mile mini marathon. You can register through tomorrow at 5pm at a discounted price at the Recreation Department.
- Recreation and Head Start are putting on the annual penny carnival to celebrate Week of the Young Child tomorrow from 5-7pm at the Community Center. Contact Joe or Carol at the Community Center to sign up for a booth.
- The annual Redsides Powwow in Maupin is tomorrow. Host drum is The Black Lodge Singers. There is a dinner at 5:00 in the Maupin Elementary gym – bring a side dish, dessert or salad if you can. Social dancing and games will begin at 6:30 in the high school gym. All dancers and drummers are welcome.
- There is an N’Chi Wana Pum Canoe meeting tomorrow from 5:30-7:30 at the Greeley Heights Community Building.
- There is a family movie night tomorrow at 5:30 at the old elementary school gym. They will show Moana. Don’t forget to bring your own seating.
- There will be a Candidates Forum for Jefferson County Commissioner candidates tomorrow at 5:30pm at Madras COCC.
- The Jefferson County Middle School’s Spring Band Concert is Thursday at 7pm at the Performing Arts Center
The 28th Annual Honor Senior Day in Warm Springs is on May 11th at the Agency Longhouse. The committee is seeking donations of door prizes and gifts for seniors. All donations are greatly appreciated. The theme for this year’s festivities is Luau Party! For additional information stop by the Senior Wellness Program or call 541-553-3313.
The Warm Springs Land Buy Back Program is located at the Warm Springs Media Center and now includes two staff – Randy Scott and Tiffiney Yallup – who can assist landowners who have received Buy-Back bids, giving advice on the options that are available. The current Buy-Back deadline for those who have received bids is coming up on April 24. For information you can call 541- 615-0997.
The Lil’ Miss Warm Springs Pageant is on Wednesday, April 25th at the Community Center. A light dinner will be provided in the social hall at 5:00 and the pageant will follow at 6.