Community Calendar for Thursday May 17, 2018
- The Jefferson County Library has story time and song today at 10:10am for babies and toddlers.
- An Alcoholics Anonymous meeting takes place every Thursday at noon at the Behavioral Health Center. There is also a “Teens Not On Tobacco” class at 4:15. And, at Narcotics Anonymous meets at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Fitness activities scheduled for today at the Community Wellness Center are Boot Camp class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: chicken enchiladas, brown Spanish rice, vegetarian beans and fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Water Control Board meets today from 1-3:00 at the Natural Resources Cougar Den
- There is a food handler’s class today from 2-4pm at the I H S atrium.
- Social dance class is today from 4-5:30 at the Community Center aerobics room.
- Youth who plan to work through the Summer Work Program in Warm Springs need to complete all of the required workshops. Today there is a Communications workshop after school – at 4:15 in room 302 at the Education Center. There is also a workshop this Saturday – the Youth Work Handbook & Understanding Basic Policies workshop at 9am . If you have questions about all upcoming opportunities – stop by the WIOA/Native Aspirations Office at 1110 Wasco Street or call 553-3324.
- Madras High School Baseball hosts Mazama in a play-in game today at 4:30. Softball has a play-in game at game at North Bend High School at 4.
- The Jefferson County Chamber’s Business After Hours is being hosted by the Museum at Warm Springs this evening from 5 :30-7:30.
- The Timber Committee is hosting a bough cutters meeting to cover rules and regulations for permits and fees this evening from 6-8:00 at the Greeley Heights Community Building. Light snacks will be provided.
- The Madras High School Spring Band Concert is tonight at 7:00 at the Performing Arts Center.
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers will be hosted by the OSU Ag Research Center on Dogwood Lane in Madras tomorrow morning at 8.
- A Madras City Yard Sale will take place this Friday thru Sunday. Yard Sale Guides with all participating residences are available at the Madras City Hall, on the Madras website and at the Chamber of Commerce.
- Jefferson County Relay for Life and Madras Black Bear Diner are partnering to help fight the fight against cancer. Relay Teams will assist in bussing tables and collect tips tomorrow evening. Donations help fight all types of cancer, for all types of people, in all types of communities around the globe.
- The Jefferson County Film Center will show the movie Wonder, rated PG, tomorrow night at 7:30. Films are free and shown in the Rodriguez Annex, behind the library in Madras.
- The national Alliance on Mental Illness Family & Friends Seminar will be held in Warm Springs tomorrow. It is a free 4-hour seminar that informs and supports family members, partners, and friends who have loved ones with a mental health condition. You do need to register – contact Sarah Frank at 615-0036 to find out more or visit https://www.nami.org/Find/Support/NAMI-Friends
- The Relay for Life – Jefferson County fundraising 4-person Golf Scramble Tournament is on Saturday with at 10am shotgun start at the Kahneeta Resort & Spa Golf Course. Entry frees include the green fees, cart, breakfast, lunch and a goodie bag.
The Tribal Stewards Program is a program for Native American young adults ages 19-24. It provides hands on training and experience for those who are interested in jobs with conservation corps, land and water resource management agencies and other outdoor careers. Find out more at www.tribalstewards.org
The Health Promotion and Prevention Initiative team invites you to come make flowers for Memorial Day on Friday, May 25th from 9am to 5pm at the Behavioral Health Center – promoting safe choices and a healthy environment for community members.