Community Calendar for Thursday June 14, 2018
- The Summer Food Service Meal Program provides nutritious summer meals to all children 18 and under at no cost. Breakfast is served at the Bridges Program at Westside School in Madras from 7:45-8:45 and lunch at noon. In Warm Springs, breakfast is from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30 at the Youth Center.
- There is a can and bottle drive today from 9am until noon in the Madras High School parking lot. All proceeds will benefit the girls’ basketball program.
- There is an Education Fair today where folks can learn about and get assistance with filling out applications. You can get help with pre-apprenticeship programs, Job Corps, IDA Program, Summer Camp, College Summer Bridge, FAFSA or Tribal Scholarship applications. It is from 9am until 5pm in the first floor training room at the Education Building. There are two more scheduled for June 20th & 27th.
- Wellness of Warm Springs will meet today at noon at the Family Resource Center in the Conference Room. Guest speaker is Floyd Penna of the Warm Springs Behavioral Health Center (formerly known as Community Counseling). Lunch will be served to all participants.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Fitness activities scheduled for today at the Community Wellness Center are Boot Camp class at 12:10 in the aerobics room and Functional Fitness in the Social Hall.
- There is a food handler’s class today at 2pm and another on Monday at 10am. They will be in the atrium at the Health & Wellness Center.
- Jefferson County Coffee Cuppers will be hosted by Central Oregon Heating & Cooling, located at 1765 SW Highway 97 in Madras tomorrow at 8am.
- The Chiefs for Recovery Youth Clinic & Rodeo are this weekend at the Warm Springs Rodeo Grounds. The Youth Rodeo Clinic starts at 9am Saturday. A jackpot Rodeo is at 11am Sunday. Events are Wild Sheep Race, mini buckers, calf and steer riding and wild colt race. Everyone is welcome to enjoy some great future cowboys and cowgirls live in action.
- The 3rd Annual Car Show at Indian Head Casino is on Saturday from 10am to 3pm. All ages are welcome. There will be a DJ, raffle prizes, a covered food court and it’s going on Rain or Shine! Proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club.
The Warm Springs outdoor Market will be set up June 22nd & June 23rd from 9am to 1pm both days – Friday in the parking lot in front of Re-Use It Thrift Store and Saturday on campus near Kalama’s Fry Bread. The Outdoor Market is every other weekend thru August. Contact the Community Action Team office if you are interested in being a vendor.
The MAC Dash sprint triathlon is coming up August 11th at the Madras Aquatic Center. This volunteer-organized, community event benefits MAC youth programming. The MAC Dash consists of a 500-yard swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3-mile run. They have two events designed for youth: The FREE Middle MAC Dash is a timed event designed for youth 11-14 who are ready for the next level of competition. The Mini MAC Dash, a free event for children under 10 years old, happens later the same morning. Get more info and register online http://www.macdash.org/
The Warm Springs Housing Authority is offering scholarships for the summer program at the Boys & Girls Club. This is for low-income households and will cover the enrollment fee for children who want to attend this summer. Complete the application at the Housing office Monday thru Friday between 8am and 5pm.
The Pi-Ume-Sha Slow Pitch Softball Tournament is an open tournament next weekend June 23-24. Saturday is a Men’s’ tournament and Sunday a Co-Ed Tournament. There’s an open home run derby on Sunday. For more information text Nor Sampson 541-460-9151.