Community Calendar for Wednesday June 13, 2018
- All children age 18 and younger can get free, nutritious summer meals thanks to the Summer Food Service Meal Program. In Warm Springs, breakfast is served from 8:45-9:15 and lunch 12-12:30 at the Youth Center. In Madras, breakfast starts at 7:45 and lunch at noon at Westside School.
- The Timber Committee meets today from 9-noon at the Forestry Building
- There is a can and bottle drive today and tomorrow from 9am until noon each day in the Madras High School parking lot. All proceeds will benefit the girls’ basketball program.
- Today’s fitness schedule: Water Aerobics is at 10:15 at the Kahneeta Village Pool. Senior Fitness Class at 10:45 at the Senior Center, at 12:10 there is Functional Fitness Class in the aerobics room and Pi-Yo class at the clinic atrium.
- Conscious Discipline Skill Building Class is this afternoon from 1:30 to 3:00 at ECE in room 2E. Its open to the community.
- The Culture & Heritage Committee meets today from 4-6:00 in conference room 3 at the administration building.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Warm Springs Presbyterian Church.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Education Fairs are coming up where folks can learn about and get assistance with filling out applications. You can get help with pre-apprenticeship programs, Job Corps, IDA Program, Summer Camp, College Summer Bridge, FAFSA or Tribal Scholarship applications. The first Education Fair is tomorrow from 9am until 5pm in the first floor training room at the Education Building. There are two more scheduled for June 20th & 27th.
- The Alzheimer’s Association will give a presentation on memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease tomorrow from 11am until noon at the Warm Springs Senior Center. The program provides information on detection, causes and risk factors, stages of the disease, treatment and more. To register call 1-800-272-3900.
- Wellness of Warm Springs will meet tomorrow at the Family Resource Center in the Conference Room from Noon to 1:00 P.M.. Guest speaker is Floyd Penna of the Warm Springs Behavioral Health Center (formerly known as Community Counseling). Lunch will be served to all participants.
- There are two more food handler’s classes coming up – tomorrow at 2pm and June 18th at 10am. They will be in the atrium at the Health & Wellness Center.
The Warm Springs Police Department has an Anonymous Crime Tip Line 541-553-2202. If you have information about criminal activity and wish to report without identifying yourself, call this Tip Line to leave a message. There is no caller ID used on this line – you can remain completely anonymous. The number is 553-2202.
The Museum at Warm Springs will host a traditional horse parade and unveil its Memory of the Land: Treaty of the Middle Columbia River Tribes and Bands exhibit on June 21st. They are calling for veterans, riders in regalia and horses for the parade. Lineup starts at 4:30 and it will start at 5:30. The exhibit opening, salmon bake and special guests will follow at 6.
The 11th annual MAC Dash Sprint Triathlon will be held on Saturday, August 11th. Volunteers are needed to help with the event which consists of swimming, bicycling and running. All volunteers receive a free t-shirt and lunch. They need help in the pool area, bike and run routes and at the finish line. If you would like to help, send an email to Jim Gemelas. Let him know which area you want to volunteer, if you have no preference he will assign you. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharmiah Brisbois is a candidate for 2018 Pi-Ume-Sha Royalty Court. She is selling raffle tickets and appreciates all support and encouraging words. Her parents are Jaycelene Frank and Vance Brisbois – you can contact them for tickets.