Community Calendar for Saturday January 12, 2019
Funeral Arrangements for Esther Stewart
- The Dressing will be at the HeHe Longhouse at 3pm (Sat 1/12)
- Open for all denomination services
- Burial Monday (1/14) at Sunrise at the Mouth of the River cemetery
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- The Madras High School Swimming Invitational starts at 11:30 this morning at the Madras Aquatic Center.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Housing Works will be accepting applications for its 2019 waiting list for the Housing Choice Voucher program beginning at 8am Monday through 5pm Friday. Applications need to be completed online at Housing-Works.org.
Warm Springs Ski Day at Mt Hood Meadows will be Friday January 25th – a no school day. Sign up by emailing KWSO at WS Tribes dot org, stop by the Media Center or call 541-553-1968. Required forms are available at KWSO or you can download them from the KWSO website. Deadline to sign up and have forms completed and returned is Monday January 21st.
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate comes to Warm Springs on Wednesday at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
The 2019 Movin’ Mountain Slimdown is open to anyone 18 years or older who lives or works in in Jefferson County and on the Warm Springs Reservation. Registration and assessments will be taken at the Warm Springs clinic on Thursday from 8-5:00 and in Madras on Friday from 8-6 and Saturday from 9am to 2pm at the Jefferson County Public Health Department. If you are unable to make those dates, contact Carolyn Harvey at 541-475-4456. The last day to pay is January 19.
Heart of Oregon Youth Build is recruiting youth ages 16-24 for its winter group. Youth Build members can earn their GED, diploma, college credit and job skills. They will hold an information session in Warm Springs on Thursday from 10:30 to noon at the ROOTS trailer. To RSVP or get more info call 541-526-1380.
The Recreation Department’s Sweetheart Sale is on February 1st at the Community Center. They will take the first 20 vendors – call the Rec office to sign up.
A Pathways Home Native Home Ownership Course will start up on February 5th. It will be held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30-7:30 at the Tribal Credit Enterprise for 7 weeks. This course is required for anyone in the IDA Program for home ownership. Anyone interested may attend to learn about financing, purchasing and maintaining a home.