Community Calendar for Wednesday January 9, 2019
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: turkey club sandwiches, potato salad & dessert.
- Here are the groups and meetings scheduled for today at the Behavioral Health Center: at 11am is the Wellbriety Court group, a Women’s Group meets at 1, Anger Management at 3:30 and there is an Alcoholics Anonymous meet this evening at 7.
- There is basketball at noon today at the Community Center gym; Functional Fitness Class is at 12:10 in the aerobics room; PIYO class is also at 12:10 in the clinic atrium; and there’s women’s open gym tonight at 6:00.
- Registrations are being taken for COCC’s Winter Term Adult Basic Skills classes in Warm Springs and Madras. The orientation for Communications class is today and for Math tomorrow. An orientation is required to enroll in the classes. They are at 1pm at the Education Building in Warm Springs and at 5:45pm at the Madras COCC Campus. These are the last chances to sign up for winter term.
- The Madras Redevelopment Commission will meet today at 5:30 at City Hall.
- WED Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- There is an Agency District Tribal Council candidates forum this evening at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 6 and the Forum will run from 7-9pm. Tribal Council Election Day is set for April 4th.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Folks who are interested in volunteering for the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Point In Time Survey can attend a training and information session tomorrow from 5:30-7:30 at the Family Resource Center conference room.
- Jefferson County Public Health is having an Open House for the new Jefferson County community website called JeffCoConnects. The Open House is this Friday at the COCC Madras Computer Lab from 4 to 7 p.m. Users who need assistance with registering for and navigating the site can go through an orientation. The website features a directory, community calendar, news, projects, events, volunteer recruitment and ePress Releases. The website is up now – take a look, www.jeffcoconnects.org.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Friday when the boys host Valley Catholic. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
- The Jefferson County Community Film Center’s film this Friday night at 7:30 is Mama Mia! Here We Go Again, rated PG-13. Films are free to watch at the Rodriguez Annex next to the library in Madras.
The Tribal Employment Rights Office is asking people to update their skills surveys for 2019. Skills surveys are available at TERO, located in the Ventures office in the Industrial Park and at the Tribal Personnel Department. TERO will announce training and community meetings prior to the start of the 2019 construction season. FMI: 541-615-0853 or stop by the office.