Today is October 9 – there are 175 days left until the 2020 Census begins. The Census is now hiring. You can learn more online at (https://2020census.gov/en/jobs)
- There is Community Acupuncture today in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
- Childbirth Education Class is Wednesdays from noon – 1pm at the Family Resource Center. This is a 3 week series that focuses on Pregnancy – Labor & Delivery – and Mom & Baby Care. To learn more or find out when the series starts, contact Allie Anderson, MCH Nurse at 541-553-2460.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: Breaded Cod.
- In Warm Springs K8 Sports: Cross Country is on the Road today, meet starting at 3pm in Lapine, Volleyball will be home hosting Sisters at 4pm.
- It’s Open House at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy this evening from 5:30-7:30. Dinner is 5:30 to 6 and Teachers will be Available from 6 to 7:30. There will also be opportunity to get your Flu Shot. You can update your student and family contact information and sign up for “Pick Up Patrol” that is an app that makes it easy to inform the school of any change to the end of school routine for your student. There will also be community partners on hand with information for families.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
All expectant families and families with newborns 1-3 months old are invited to the Community Baby Shower. It is a free event with gift bags, free raffles, light refreshments, and activities to celebrate new moms. There will be one on Friday October 18th from 11am to 2pm at the Museum at Warm Springs and one in Madras on October 19th from 11-2:00 at the Performing Arts Center.
Warm Springs Recreation will be taking kids on a field trip to Boring to get pumpkins this Friday October 11th, a no school day! Kids will need $7 for the trip, which includes a trip through the corn maze and a pumpkin. They will be leaving on Friday the 11th at 8:30AM and will be returning at 4:45PM. There are a limited number of seats available, you can Sign up at the Warm Springs Community Center.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.