KWSO is interested in feedback from listeners on morning news that includes more national and world news stories. Please visit our website at KWSO.ORG and click on the survey monkey link to answer 4 questions. It’ll take less than a minute and we appreciate your input.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs Wednesday at the Victims of Crime Services office located at 1108 Wasco Street. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- The Warm Springs Community Action team is hosting a three day Financial Education Opportunity today thru Friday, 9am – 4pm each day at the Agency Longhouse. They will offer the entire Financial Skills for Families class over the three days. The class is a requirement for Oregon IDA initiative clients. There will also be a chance to participate in the Vital Tribal Economies Survey.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: Luncheon at Longhouse. Other Exercise Opportunities today include Functional Fitness Class at noontime at the Community Center Aerobics Room. Pilates Yoga class is at noon at the Health & Wellness Center. Don’t forget on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6am there is Early Morning Fusion Fitness class at the Community Center.
- the Madras High School Native American Student Union (NASU) is having their meeting during lunch today from 11:47am-12:17pm. The Meeting will be held in Mr. Jones classroom. For More information contact Gordon Scott at 503-347-5778.
- The Warm Springs Warming Shelter will be open tonight at 6pm. They expect to operate through next Monday evening when they will re-evaluate the weather forecast.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- Tonight is November Team Trivia Night at Wild Winds Station in Madras. The event will start at 7pm and entry fee is $5 per person. All proceeds benefit the Jefferson County Relay for Life.
- There is a Food Handler’s Class Tomorrow from 10AM-12pm in the Health & Wellness Center Atrium at IHS. If you have any questions contact 541-553-1196.
- Early Childhood Education is having Family Night “Thankful Thursday” tomorrow starting at 5:30pm.
- This Friday is the last day Warm Springs Employees can enroll for supplemental insurance. Benefits they have available are: Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance. You can enroll online at https://wstribes.ease.com – Contact Human Resources for your username and password.
- If you have the Tribes Group Health Insurance through Health Comp, you are required to fill out an “Other Insurance” Questionnaire. Please fill out the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. They need to be turned in by the end of the day this Friday.
November 27th will be Early Release Wednesday at Early Childhood Education at noon. Children need to be picked up no later than 12:30pm.
Warm Springs Recreation is holding their Annual Christmas Bazaar on Saturday December 14th starting at 10am! Everyone is welcome to attend. Find beautifully hand crafted gifts, delicious baked goods, fry bread and more at the Warm Springs Community Center. Vendors can set up starting at 8am. If you’d like to be a vendor or have questions, call 541-553-3243.
The Warm Springs I.H.S. Clinic “same day appointment” phone number is 541-553-2610. Again – for a same day appointment at Warm Springs I.H.S. call 541-553-2610.
Now is the time for students planning to attend college or technical school next fall to start completing the requirements for the Tribal Scholarship. That includes doing a FAFSA for financial assistance. Details are now available at KWSO – click on the slide that says Tribal Scholarship.
Tananáwit: A Community of Warm Springs Artists is now recruiting new members. The fee for basic membership is $25. To learn more – contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148 or email email@example.com
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.