- The “County Line 2” Fire continues to burn on the Warm Springs Reservation and has grown to more than 36 thousand acres.
- Level 3 evacuation notices are now in place for: Wolfe Point, Kah-Nee-Ta Resort, Indian Head Canyon, the Fish Hatchery, and Schoolie Flat – that’s all areas North of Dry Creek to the Simnasho Cemetery and EAST to the Deschutes River.
- A Level 3 notice to evacuate is now in place for Tenino Road from Milepost 1-7 and Shitike Creek remains evacuated.
- Sunnyside and Upper Dry Creek have a Level 2 notice to be prepared to evacuate. All areas South and Southwest of Dry Creek to include West Hills and the Agency Area also are at a Level 2 and residents need to be prepared to evacuate.
- Fire Activity has already picked up today with a forecast for gustier winds stronger than yesterday.
- There is a Red Cross evacuation center set up at the Warm Springs Community Center. They have food and are serving meals to those affected by the wildfire. For those who need help with their evacuated animals – contact Jamie at 541-610-2228. Some kennels are being set up at the Red Cross Shelter.
- Tribal Offices are closed today.
- The I.H.S. Clinic is open until 5pm.
- For individuals who are having breathing issues from the smoke – Check in with Nancy Collins at the clinic to let her know you need medical respiratory relief.
Warm Springs Public Safety is asking motorists to respect any roadblocks that are in place. The reason they do the roadblocks is for public safety. There is limited visibility from smoke and fire equipment and personnel need to be able to move as needed to battle the fire. Limiting the number of vehicles in specific areas is one way to keep people safe.
Warm Springs Utilities is asking for water conservation today. Fire suppression efforts yesterday to defend homes used a lot of water and tank levels are low. They would like to get them filled up again so if folks can limit water use today – that will help.
Highway 26 is closed to through traffic. For anyone going from Madras to Portland – you can take Highway 97 North to 197 then State Highway 216 to Highway 26 OR Highway 97 north to I-84. Coming South you are being detoured onto 216 then to 197 and 97 to Madras
Local residents are able to travel Highway 26 between Warm Springs and Madras.
Indian Head Casino is open but the concerts scheduled for tonight and tomorrow night are cancelled. Ticket holders can trade in these tickets for another show.
Warm Springs Telecommunications is experiencing problems but are working on fixing service for affected customers.
The Warm Springs Boys and Girls Club is open at the Youth Center until 5pm.
The Warm Springs K-8 Kindergarten and 1st grade acceleration program that was supposed to start on Monday will instead begin on Tuesday next week for registered students.