Community Calendar for Tuesday January 29, 2019
- Behavioral Health Center staff are out for training today and tomorrow. All groups are cancelled.
- Warm Springs fitness activities today are: Functional Fitness Class at noon in the Community Center social hall; Volleyball at noon in the gym; and men’s open gym tonight from 6:30-8:50. There is no Insanity Class today.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is hearty vegetable beef stew, bread and fresh fruit.
- Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Wellness of Warm Springs is having a winter soup kitchen today at noon at the Family Resource Center conference room. Everyone is welcome.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Warm Springs K-8 Girls Basketball teams have home games today vs Obsidian starting at 3:30. K8 Wrestling will compete at a meet at Pilot Butte Middle School at 3:30.
- Madras High School Boys JV & Varsity Basketball play at Estacada today; girls Freshman basketball has a home game vs. Crook County at 4:00; and girls JV & Varsity teams host Estacada t 5:30 and 7. KWSO will broadcast the varsity girls’ game.
- There is a Wellbriety Warriors Accepting Recovery meeting this evening from 6:30-8:30 at the Community Center Social Hall. It is open to anyone seeking sobriety and wellness.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy will have the “I Heart Literacy” night on Thursday. Dinner will be served from 5-6pm and the activities are from 5 to 7.
Candidates running in the 2019 Tribal Council Election can submit their candidate statements, with a picture to the Spilyay Tymoo for a Candidates’ Edition that will be published soon. Please bring by the Media Center or email it to email@example.com. Also, if you have not done so, please schedule an interview with KWSO. If you need another copy of the questions, let us know.
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
Cascades East Transit continues to seek input on public transportation in Central Oregon. Their online survey is open until February 3rd at www.CETTransitPlan.com.
The Museum at Warm Springs is inviting tribal youth artists to submit their work for the 26th Annual Tribal Youth Art Exhibit. The deadline is this Friday at 5pm. An opening reception is planned for the evening of February 7. For more information, contact Natalie Kirk at the Museum.
The Tribal Employment Rights Office is asking people to update their skills surveys for 2019. Skills surveys are available at TERO, located in the Ventures office in the Industrial Park and at the Tribal Personnel Department.
The Meth & Opiate Work Group will host a Tribal Council Candidates forum on February 6 at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 5:30, the forum at 6:30. All candidates for all three districts have been invited. KWSO will broadcast this forum.