Community Calendar for Friday February 15, 2019
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services today where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, resumes & cover letters, help with job applications and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be chili stew, corn muffins and fresh fruit.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Today is the entry deadline the Warm Springs Cougars All-Indian 3rd-4th Grade Co-ed and 15 & Under (plus 2 non-Indian) Basketball Tourney coming up next weekend February 22-24. FMI: Austin Greene at the Community Center.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “Crazy Rich Asians,” rated PG-13, for its movie tonight at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library in Madras. It is free to watch, and refreshments are available.
- Madras High School is hosting the 1A Big Sky Conference Basketball Tournament this weekend. The girls games today a are Dufur vs. South Wasco at 3:00 and Echo vs. Ione at 6. The boys games are at 4:30 Arlington vs. Horizon Christian and 7:30 Dufur vs. Sherman. The games will start at noon on Saturday and the championship games will be at 3:00 for the girls and 4:30 for the boys.
- Latit Latit Feast at Simnasho is this Sunday
Monday is President’s Day – a National Holiday. The tribal organization will be closed and Indian Health Service will be closed. There is no school.
A Brucellosis Clinic for Cattle will be held in Warm Springs on Wednesday, February 28th from 1-5pm. A USDA veterinarian will administer the vaccines and also a de-wormer if requested. You do need to call ahead to let them know how many animals will be treated no later than February 18th. Call the OSU Extension office 541-553-3238 or Scott Duggan 541-480-3091.
The Jefferson County Winter Shelter is located at the Madras Free Methodist Church from 6pm to 7am on especially cold nights. Call 541-325-2478 to find out if the shelter will be open.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is doing free tax preparation and filing. This tax service will be done on Tuesdays and Thursdays through April 12 but you must make an appointment. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.
The 24th Annual Eagle Watch is February 23-24 at Round Butte Overlook Park.
Folks interested in serving on the Warm Springs Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee have until March 1st at 5pm to submit an application. The Committee will help make decisions about public transportation projects. Applications are available at the Tribal Administration Building. You can also download one HERE.