Community Calendar for Monday February 18, 2019
- Today is President’s Day. Tribal offices, the I H S clinics and 509-J schools are closed.
- A Brucellosis Clinic for Cattle will be held in Warm Springs on February 28th from 1-5pm. A USDA veterinarian will administer the vaccines and also a de-wormer if requested. You do need to call ahead to let them know how many animals will be treated by today. Call Scott Duggan 541-480-3091.
- Tribal Council will meet tomorrow. Here are the items the agenda: updates from the Secretary-Treasurer, the March agenda, travel delegations and minutes review, a legislative update call, an update on the Fishing Code and enrollments.
- The next Fish & Wildlife Committee meeting will be tomorrow starting at 1:00 pm Tribal Admin ~ Conference Rm 3.
- The Jefferson County Library will have a free Family Craft Night tomorrow at 6:00 at the Rodriguez Annex. It’s open to all ages.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball tomorrow when the boys host Estacada. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
- A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center tomorrow. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
- Lil’ Miss Warm Springs meetings are held on Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm. Participation in the sessions will allow girls to build on their cultural knowledge, develop confidence, public speaking skills and spend time with mentors and peers. The Lil’ Miss Warm Springs Pageant is tentatively scheduled for May 1st.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be in Warm Springs Wednesday at the Victims of Crime Services office. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- The next Trivia Night at Wild Winds Station in Madras is on Wednesday at 7pm. Proceeds benefit Jefferson County Relay for Life.
Caldera’s will hold another Open Studio time featuring its Artists in Residence and students on Saturday, February 23rd from 12:30-3:30pm. Artist will share their work with the public. Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. The Caldera Arts Center address is 31500 Blue Lake Drive in Sisters. Jefferson Greene from Warm Springs is one of the featured artists. There will be one more Open Studio on March 23.
Candidates for Warm Springs Tribal Council who have not yet done so, are asked to contact KWSO to set up an interview for the upcoming Candidate’s Programs. Call 541-553-1968 or email email@example.com to set up a time.
Folks interested in serving on the Warm Springs Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee have until March 1st at 5pm to submit an application. The Committee will help make decisions about public transportation projects. Applications are available at the Tribal Administration Building. You can also download one HERE.