Community Calendar for Monday February 25, 2019
- It is a regular late start Monday for 509J schools this morning.
- Tribal Council will meet today. On the morning agenda is IRMP-3, Census 2020 and Enrollments. This afternoon will be an update from the Secretary-Treasurer and the Chief Operations Officer, the March Agenda, Travel Delegations and Minutes Review, and a Fishing Code Update.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, resumes & cover letters, help with job applications and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by today between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- There is a Head Start Policy Council meeting today at noon in room 2E at ECE.
- Senior fitness class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Participants are invited to eat brunch after – today they are having lasagna soup, a spring mix salad and fresh fruit.
- Today’s Warm Springs Fitness activities include: noon hoops at the gym; Functional Fitness Class today at 12:10 at the Community Center and Pi-Yo Class at the I H S atrium also at noon; and Women’s open gym this evening from 6-7:50.
- Wellness of Warm Springs is having a winter soup kitchen today at noon at the Family Resource Center conference room. Everyone is welcome.
- Ichishkin Language Class is today at noon at the Administration Building, conference room 3.
- There is Women’s Prayer Group at the Presbyterian Church from 12:15-12:45 today. All women are welcome.
- Warm Springs Community Health at the Health & Wellness Center has a Behavior Health Clinic every Monday and Friday, walk-in appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. Services available include screenings, assessments, crisis intervention, and referrals to seek mental health and medical care, substance abuse treatment or other community resources. Children, adolescents and adults are welcome.
- There is a Women’s Talking Circle this afternoon at 2:00 at the Behavioral Health Center. Also today, an Adolescent Substance Abuse Education class at 4:00 and Aftercare at 5:30.
- The Vocational Rehabilitation Program will have an orientation session today at 3:00 in the Culture & Heritage Building conference room, 2nd Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions, call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Aglow Bible Study is this evening at High Lookee Lodge from 6:15-7:30. Everyone is welcome.
- The Warm Springs Community Action Team is hosting two more Tribal Council Candidates’ Forums on Economic Development Issues. The Seekseequa Simnasho District Forum will be tomorrow at Seekseequa Fire Hall. The Agency District Forum is on Wednesday. Dinners will be provided at 5:30 and the forums are from 6:30-9:30.
- There is a Victim Impact Panel tomorrow from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
- The Sweetheart Baby Fair is Wednesday from 5-7pm at the Community Center. There’s a light dinner at 5 and activities for kids 5 and under. There will be a crawler race, a regalia fashion show, helpful information, door prizes and much more.