Community Calendar for Saturday February 16, 2019
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Madras High School is hosting the 1A Big Sky Conference Basketball Tournament today. Games start at noon.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Simnasho’s Latit Latit Feast is Sunday
- Monday is President’s Day – a national holiday, so tribal offices and the clinic are closed. There’s no school today.
- A Brucellosis Clinic for Cattle will be held in Warm Springs on February 28th from 1-5pm. A USDA veterinarian will administer the vaccines and also a de-wormer if requested. You do need to call ahead to let them know how many animals will be treated no later than Monday. Call the OSU Extension office 541-553-3238 or Scott Duggan 541-480-3091.
Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Tuesday when the boys host Estacada for their final home game of the regular season. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
A Jefferson County Veterans Service Outreach officer will be in Warm Springs at the Warm Springs Senior Center on Tuesday. Appointments are available for the morning by calling 541-475-5228. Otherwise, the Veteran’s Service Officer will be available to answer questions during and after the senior meal that day.
A Senate Bill 13 Tribal History Community Input meeting will take place on Thursday February 21 at the Agency Longhouse. They are looking for input on Tribal Sovereignty. There will be breakfast at 8:30 and the first session is from 9am to noon. Lunch will be served at noon, followed by the second session.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team is hosting Tribal Council Candidates’ Forums on Economic Development Issues. The Simnasho District Forum will be on Thursday, February 21st at Simnasho Longhouse. A dinner will be provided at 5:30 and the forum will be from 6:30-9:30. The Seekseequa District Forum will be on February 26th and Agency District Forum on February 27th.
Candidates for Warm Springs Tribal Council who have not yet done so, are asked contact KWSO to set up an interview that will be a part of our Candidates Programs that begin airing in March. Call 541-553-1968 or email email@example.com to set up a time.
Tananawit – A Community of Warm Springs Artists are having a fundraising can drive until March 15th. Any donations can be brought the Community Action Team office on campus.