Community Calendar for Sunday February 10, 2019
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Presbyterian Church on the campus this Sunday will have the Community Food Bank open and offer free medical welfare checkups and community counseling drop ins. It’s from 11:30-1:30.
- Today is the last day of the 2019 Lincoln’s Powwow at Simnasho Longhouse. Grand entry is at 1:30 today.
- The Tribal Council will hear more Committee Reports tomorrow. On the agenda is the Timber committee, Water Board and Fish & Wildlife Committee, draft resolutions, an update on the Statewide Transportation Improvement Funds Intergovernmental Agreement & Bylaws, Land Use Planning Committee and the Range & Ag Committee.
- Tomorrow is the deadline for Warm Springs Washanaksha Cultural Coalition grant applications for 2019. The funding is sponsored by the Oregon Cultural Trust to support the arts and heritage. Packets can be downloaded at KWSO.org. FMI: Tamera Moody at the Museum at Warm Springs.
- The Warm Springs Elder’s Council will hold an Agency District Candidate’s Night on Tuesday at the Museum.
- There is a General Council Meeting Tuesday to discuss the 1980 Baseline Census Referendum. It will be held at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 6:00 and the meeting at 7.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Tuesday when the boys host Gladstone. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
The Warm Springs Tribal Council Election will take place on April 4th. All candidates are invited to submit a written statement and photo to the Spilyay Tymoo for its upcoming Candidate’s Edition. Drop them off at the Media Center or email to email@example.com. Candidates are also asked to take part in interviews for KWSO’s Candidates Programs that will begin airing in March. Contact Brutis Baez or Liz Smith at KWSO to schedule an interview.