Community Calendar for Thursday February 14, 2019
- The Range Committee meets today from 9am til noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: baked salmon, brown rice, Brussel sprouts and fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Wellness of Warm Springs is having a winter soup kitchen today at noon at the Family Resource Center conference room. Everyone is welcome.
- Warm Springs K-8 WSK8 Girls Basketball teams have home games vs. JCMS today starting at 3:30
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- Madras High School boys’ basketball teams travel to Molalla today; girls’ basketball host Molalla. Listen to KWSO for the varsity game. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, resumes & cover letters, help with job applications and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by tomorrow between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- The Warm Springs Cougars All-Indian 3rd-4th Grade Co-ed and 15 & Under (plus 2 non-Indian) Basketball Tourney is next weekend, February 22-24. They are taking entries until tomorrow. Talk to Austin Greene at the Community Center for more info.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “Crazy Rich Asians,” rated PG-13, for its Friday night movie. It will start at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library in Madras. It is free to watch, and refreshments are available.
- Madras High School is hosting the 1A Big Sky Conference Basketball Tournament this weekend. These are the matchups for Friday: At 3:00 the Girls from Dufur and South Wasco, 4:30 it’s a boys game between Arlington and Horizon Christian. The Girls play at 6 featuring Echo and Ione and the 7:30 game will be the Boys from Dufur taking on Sherman. The games will start at noon on Saturday and the championship games will be at 3:00 for the girls and 4:30 for the boys.
Candidates for Warm Springs Tribal Council who have not yet done so, are asked to schedule an interview for KWSO’s Candidates Programs that will begin airing in March. Call 541-553-1968 or email email@example.com to set up a time.
Senator Ron Wyden will hold his Jefferson County Town Hall in Madras on February 22 at 10:30am in the Performing Arts Center.