Community Calendar for Thursday February 21, 2019
- There is no jury duty today at Warm Springs Tribal Court.
- A Senate Bill 13 Tribal History Community Input meeting will take place today at the Agency Longhouse. They are looking for input on Tribal Sovereignty. There will be breakfast at 8:30 and the first session is from 9am to noon. Lunch will be served at noon, followed by the second session.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: pork roast, mashed potatoes with gravy, roasted veggies and pear streusel cake. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There’s a Tule Mat Class where folks will make coaster and necklace size mats today from 1:30-3:30pm in the Community Center Social Hall.
- There is a food handler’s class today 2-4pm in the I H S atrium.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- The Warm Springs Community Action Team is hosting Tribal Council Candidates’ Forums on Economic Development Issues. The Simnasho District Forum is this evening at Simnasho Longhouse. A dinner will be provided at 5:30 and the forum will be from 6:30-9:30. The Seekseequa District Forum will be on February 26th and Agency District Forum on February 27th.
- The American Cancer Society Relay for Life Jefferson County kickoff party and Business After Hours will be held at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds today at 5:30.
- Senator Ron Wyden will hold his Jefferson County Town Hall in Madras tomorrow at 10:30am in the Performing Arts Center.
- There’s a Heart Health Walk tomorrow at noon at the Health and Wellness Center walking path.
- There is a FAFSA Workshop at Madras COCC, Room 120 tomorrow from 2-3pm. This is your opportunity to get some assistance to help you complete your FAFSA online or Oregon Student Aid.
- The Warm Springs Cougars 3rd-4th Grade Co-ed and 15 & Under Basketball Tourney is this weekend at the Community Center.
- The Jefferson County Historical Society is sponsoring the History Pub at the Rodriguez Annex tomorrow. It starts at 5:30 and free to attend. The speaker is Tony Ahern and his topic is “The Madras Pioneer…Its Past Present & Future.”
- The 24th Annual Eagle Watch is this weekend at Round Butte Overlook Park. The free two-day celebration runs 10am to 4pm Saturday and 10am to 3:30pm Sunday. On Saturday visitors can take pictures with event sponsor mascots, build bluebird houses, meet a live great horned owl and view wild eagles. Sunday’s activities include bird feeder building, wild eagle watching and tribal drumming and dancing at 2pm by the Quartz Creek drummers and dancers. A free hotdog lunch will be served both days. There will also be a daily silent auction and raffle, and a fry bread sale.
- Caldera’s 2019 Open Studios featuring its Artists in Residence and students is this Saturday from 12:30-3:30pm. Artist will share their work with the public. Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. The Caldera Arts Center address is 31500 Blue Lake Drive in Sisters. Jefferson Greene from Warm Springs is one of the featured artists. There will be one more Open Studio on and March 23.
Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County in April. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Applications forms are available for download at artadventuregallery.com. Work can be dropped off the last week of March. The exhibit will open April 4th.
Folks interested in serving on the Warm Springs Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee have until March 1st at 5pm to submit an application. The Committee will help make decisions about public transportation projects. Applications are available at the Tribal Administration Building. You can also download one at coic2.org.