FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS for Eric Craig Tailfeathers also known as Joey Macy
- Overnight Services Wed., Feb. 27, 2019 at the Simnasho Longhouse
- Burial Tomorrow morning (Thu., Feb. 28, 2019) at the Simnasho Cemetery
- There’s a Tule Mat Class where folks will make coaster and necklace size mats this afternoon from 1:30-3:30 in the Community Center Social Hall.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Ichishkin Class is cancelled today.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: buffalo steaks, apple kale slaw, herb roasted potatoes and they will celebrate February Senior Birthdays.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- There is a Penny Carnival this evening in the Warm Springs Youth Center Gym from 6-8:00. There will be food, games, crafts and music. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should call the Prevention Program at 541-615-0112.
- Tribal Council candidates can come in today to get interviews done for KWSO’s Special Candidate’s Program that will begin airing next week. Please call 541-553-1968 or stop by the Media Center today.
- The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act office in Warm Springs is offering drop-in services where you can get individual help with employment services such as filing for unemployment, resumes & cover letters, help with job applications and more. The WIOA office is located in the Education Building, top floor. No appointments are needed, stop by tomorrow between 9am and 4pm, they are closed for lunch at noon.
- Also tomorrow, Computer Lab Assistance is available at the Education Building from 1-4pm. There is no appointment needed. You can get practice using a computer, Word or Excel projects, and online job searches. There are tutorials available and staff will be there for assistance.
- Folks interested in serving on the Warm Springs Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund Advisory Committee have until 5pm tomorrow to submit an application. The Committee will help make decisions about public transportation projects. Applications are available at the Tribal Administration Building. You can also download one at C O I C 2 dot org, go to transportation and select STIF from the drop down menu.
- The Jefferson County Library Community Film Center’s Friday night movie will be “The Graduate.” It will be shown at 7:30 in the Rodriguez Annex.
- The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s Tribal Council candidates’ forums on Economic Development for Seekseequa and Agency District candidates will be combined into one forum on Tuesday March 5th at the Agency Longhouse. KWSO plans on broadcasting that live.
There is a free workshop to learn about the basics of online job searching on March 8 at 10am in the Computer Lab located on the top floor of the Education Building. Call 553-3324 for more details.