Community Calendar for Thursday February 7, 2019
- Warm Springs Head Start is having a mini powwow this morning at 10:00 at the Agency Longhouse.
- The Central Oregon Farm Fair & Trade Show is going on today 9am-4:30 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. It is free and open to the public.
- In Warm Springs at noon today, there is Functional Fitness class in the Community Center social hall; volleyball in the gym; and Insanity class in the aerobics room. There’s open gym for men from 6:30-8:50 tonight.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: baked chicken, looksh mash, peas & carrots and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- Wellness of Warm Springs is having a winter soup kitchen today at noon at the Family Resource Center conference room. Everyone is welcome.
- The Fish & Wildlife Committee meets this afternoon from 3-5:00 at the Tribal Administration Building, conference room 3.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- Art Adventure Gallery will have an opening reception for its new exhibit “Young At Art,” celebrating Madras High School student artwork tonight from 5:30-7.
- Lincoln’s Powwow is this weekend at Simnasho Longhouse. Grand entries are at 7pm Friday, 1pm Saturday and 1:30 on Sunday. KWSO plans to broadcast Saturday’s session so if you can’t make it out to Simnasho – you can hear the pow wow right here on KWSO!
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “RGB,” a documentary about US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for its Friday night movie. It will start at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library in Madras. It is free to watch, and refreshments are available.
- The Warm Springs Presbyterian Church on the campus this Sunday will have the Community Food Bank open and offer free medical welfare checkups and community counseling drop ins. It’s from 11:30-1:30.
The Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is doing free tax preparation and filing. This tax service will be done on Tuesdays and Thursdays through April 12 but you must make an appointment. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.
The Warm Springs Tribal Council Election will take place on April 4th. All candidates are invited to submit a written statement and photo to the Spilyay Tymoo for its upcoming Candidate’s Edition. Drop them off at the Media Center or email to email@example.com. Candidates are also asked to take part in interviews for KWSO’s Candidates Programs that will begin airing in March. Contact Brutis Baez or Liz Smith at KWSO to schedule an interview.
The 24th Annual Eagle Watch is February 23-24 at Round Butte Overlook Park. It’s a free family-friendly celebration.