Community Calendar for Wednesday February 13, 2019
- There is a Community Acupuncture walk in session this morning in the Community Aerobics Room. Stop by anytime between 8 and 11:30am.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: pork tamales, three bean salad and apple crisp.
- Today’s Heart Health Walk has been postponed until February 22nd.
- There is basketball at noon today at the Community Center gym; Functional Fitness Class is at 12:10 in the aerobics room; PIYO class is also at 12:10 in the clinic atrium; and there’s women’s open gym tonight at 6:00.
- Warm Springs K-8 Girls Basketball teams play at Obsidian Middle School in Redmond today at 3:30
- The annual public meeting for Jefferson County School District 509J to discuss the evaluation of current programs and plans for future educational programs specifically for Native American parents and guardians is today at 5:30 at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy Cafeteria. It’s an opportunity to offer comments, make recommendations and offer feedback for District programs and outcomes.
- Lil’ Miss Warm Springs meetings are held on Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm. Participation in the sessions will allow girls to build on their cultural knowledge, develop confidence, public speaking skills and spend time with mentors and peers. The Lil’ Miss Warm Springs Pageant is tentatively scheduled for May 1st.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The Range Committee meets tomorrow from 9am til noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- Listen to KWSO for Madras High School Basketball Thursday when the girls host Molalla. Tipoff is at 7. You can hear the broadcast on 91.9fm, online at KWSO.org and on by using the Tune In Radio app.
- The Warm Springs Cougars All-Indian 3rd-4th Grade Co-ed and 15 & Under (plus 2 non-Indian) Basketball Tourney is February 22-24. It is open to the first six teams in each division. The entry deadline is this Friday. FMI: Austin Greene at the Community Center.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “Crazy Rich Asians,” rated PG-13, for its Friday night movie. It will start at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library in Madras. It is free to watch, and refreshments are available.
- 2/15 Madras High School is hosting the 1A Big Sky Conference Basketball Tournament this Friday and Saturday.
Art Adventure Gallery will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County in April. Artists may submit up to 4 pieces in any medium. Applications forms are available for download at artadventuregallery.com. Work can be dropped off the last week of March. The exhibit will open April 4th.