Community Calendar for Wednesday February 6, 2019
- The Land Use Planning Committee meets this morning 9:00 to noon in conference room 3 at the Tribal Administration Building.
- The Central Oregon Farm Fair & Trade Show is today and tomorrow 9am-4:30 both days at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. It is free and open to the public.
- There is Senior Fitness Class this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center – following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu: hot ham & Swiss cheese sandwiches, tomato bisque soup and huckleberry pie.
- There is basketball at noon today at the Community Center gym; Functional Fitness Class is at 12:10 in the aerobics room; PIYO class is also at 12:10 in the clinic atrium; and there’s women’s open gym tonight at 6:00.
- Warm Springs K-8 Girls Basketball has home games today vs. Sisters starting at 3:30.
- The Meth & Opiate Work Group is hosting a Tribal Council Candidates forum this evening at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 5:30, the forum at 6:30. All candidates for all three districts have been invited. KWSO will broadcast this forum.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- The first Little Miss Warm Springs meeting of the year is this evening in the Community Center Social Hall. Join Anita Davis for a session goal setting from 6-7:30pm.
- Warm Springs Head Start is having a mini powwow tomorrow at 10am at the Agency Longhouse.
- Art Adventure Gallery will have an opening reception for its new exhibit “Young At Art,” celebrating Madras High School student artwork tomorrow from 5:30-7pm.
- Lincoln’s Powwow is this weekend at Simnasho Longhouse. Grand entries are at 7pm Friday, 1pm Saturday and 1:30 on Sunday.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show “RGB,” a documentary about US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, for its Friday night movie. It will start at 7:30 at the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library in Madras. It is free to watch, and refreshments are available.
The Warm Springs Elder’s Council will hold an Agency District Candidate’s Night February 12 at 5:30 at the Museum.
There is a General Council Meeting February 12 to discuss the 1980 Baseline Census Referendum. It will be held at the Agency Longhouse. Dinner is at 6:00 and the meeting at 7.
The Jefferson County School District Board of Directors is accepting applications for its budget committee. Applications are available at the District Office in Madras or online at http://www.jcsd.k12.or.us.
The Warm Springs Cougars All-Indian 3rd-4th Grade Co-ed and 15 & Under (plus 2 non-Indian) Basketball Tourney is February 22-24. It is open to the first six teams in each division. The entry deadline is February 15. FMI: Austin Greene at the Community Center.