Community Calendar for Friday March 22, 2019
- Warm Springs K-8 Academy students will wrap up their Spirit Week with Eagle Spirit & School Pride Day – wear the school colors or your Eagle attire.
- There is a free workshop to learn about the common issues new employees have and what employers value most this morning at 10:00 in the Computer Lab located on the top floor of the Education Building. There is also Computer Lab Assistance available today from 1-4pm. There are tutorials available and staff will be there for assistance.
- The Warm Springs Tribes’ Plateau Travel Plaza is celebrating their one year anniversary today and tomorrow between 10am and 3pm. Everyone is invited to stop by for fun and prizes.
- At 10:45 this morning, there is Senior Fitness Class at the Senior Center. After class a meal will be provided to participants. Today’s menu is: shrimp scampi linguini and green salad.
- Today during the noon hour there is Functional Fitness class at the Community Center and Pi-Yo class in the clinic atrium.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- There is Early Head Start Group Socialization today from 1-3:00 at the Warm Springs Library.
- The High Desert Community Theater will present Medium Rare, a comedy, tonight and Saturday at 7pm and on Sunday at 2pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at the Madras Chamber of Commerce, Culver City Hall and at the door. The play is free but donations are suggested.
- The Miss Warm Springs Pageant is on March 27th at 6pm at the Agency Longhouse. Today at 5:00 is the deadline for applications from individuals who want to run for the Miss Warm Springs title. Applications and letters of recommendation can be downloaded from the tribal website.
- Caldera’s last 2019 Open Studio featuring its Artists in Residence and students is this Saturday from 12:30-3:30pm. Artists will share their work with the public. The Caldera Arts Center address is 31500 Blue Lake Drive in Sisters. Jefferson Greene from Warm Springs is one of the featured artists.
Warm Springs Tribal Council Election Day is Thursday April 4th. KWSO will be rebroadcasting recordings of the Community Forums that have taken place.
- Tune in this Saturday from 2-4 to hear the Agency District Candidate Forum.
- Saturday at 6pm it’s the Warm Springs Community Action Team forum on Economic Development for Simnasho District Candidates.
- This Sunday from 11am – 1:45pm you can hear the Candidate Forum that was hosted by the Warm Springs Meth & Opiate Work Group.
- Sunday from 4-6 tune in for the Warm Springs Community Action Team forum on Economic Development for Seekseequa and Agency District Candidates.
Candidate interviews and recordings from all the Forums can be listened to online at kwso.org.
Warm Springs Community Action Team’s AARP Tax Aide is taking appointments until April 12th. Call 541-553-3148 or stop by the CAT office on campus to reserve a time.
The Madras VFW Post 12141 and its Auxiliary invites all people, veterans and non-veterans, to a free “Welcome Home Veterans” spaghetti dinner and events on March 30 from 4-8pm at the Erickson Aircraft Collection in Madras.
This year’s Jefferson County Community Read is “Birding Without Borders” by Noah Strycker. It is a non-fiction book about the author’s travel around the world documenting thousands of species of birds. Art Adventure Gallery will once again feature an exhibit with artwork inspired by the Community Read selection. Artists in all mediums are welcome. Applications are available at the gallery and www.ArtAdventureGallery.com. Artwork is due April 26th.