Community Calendar for Thursday March 21, 2019
FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR CHARLES “JODY” CALICA
- Leave Bel-Air Funeral Home at 1pm today (3/21)
- Dressing at the Simnasho Longhouse at 2pm
- Overnight Services.
- Burial Friday Morning (3/22)
- Leaving the Simnasho longhouse at 9am to Agency Cemetery
- Warm Springs Nation Little League baseball and softball makeup try outs are today. Coaches must be present. The ballfields at the community center are not playable yet, so they will be in front of Community Counseling. Make up try outs for baseball is from 4:30-5:15 and for softball from 5:15-6pm. Players need to bring a glove, cleats, helmet & bat. Little league registrations are being taken weekdays from 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center through Friday March 29th. If you have questions – call Edmund Francis at 541-325-3856.
- The Warm Springs K-8 Academy is celebrating school pride this week with Spirit Week dress up days. Today is Mismatch Day. And Friday will be Eagle Spirit & School Pride Day.
- This week’s Agency District Candidates meet & greet today is cancelled.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: chicken n rice with piaxi, spring salad and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is Functional Fitness class today at noon in the Community Center Social Hall and Insanity class at noon in the aerobics room.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- The Madras Airport-Industrial Site Committee will hold a meeting today at 4:00 at the General Aviation Building. This meeting is open to the public.
- The Tananawit Kickoff Event has been rescheduled for April 18th.
- The High Desert Community Theater will present Medium Rare, a comedy, tonight, Friday and Saturday at 7pm and on Sunday at 2pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at the Madras Chamber of Commerce, Culver City Hall and at the door. The play is free but donations are suggested.
- Computer Lab Assistance is available tomorrow at the Education Building from 1-4pm. There is no appointment needed. You can get practice using a computer, Word or Excel projects, and online job searches. There are tutorials available and staff will be there for assistance.
- The 26th Annual Warm Springs Cougars All-Indian High School Boys & Girls Basketball Championships are April 5-7 in Warm Springs. Entries are due tomorrow. Contact Tourney Director Austin Greene at the Recreation Office for more info.
- The Warm Springs Tribes’ Plateau Travel Plaza is celebrating their one year anniversary this Saturday and Sunday between 10am and 3pm. Everyone is invited to stop by for fun and prizes.
- Caldera’s last 2019 Open Studio featuring its Artists in Residence and students is this Saturday from 12:30-3:30pm. Artist will share their work with the public. Admission is free and light refreshments will be served. The Caldera Arts Center address is 31500 Blue Lake Drive in Sisters. Jefferson Greene from Warm Springs is one of the featured artists.