Funeral Arrangements for Wade Begay
- Dressing tomorrow at 9am at the Celilo Longhouse
- Overnight Services
- Burial Thursday at Sunrise at Pine Creek Cemetery in Roosevelt Washington
The family has asked for horses and riders to participate in one last ride before services begin.
- Warm Springs Recreation invites youth to the Community Center for spring break activities. There will be lots of things for school age kids to do each day.
- The Warm Springs Youth Wellness Program at the Youth Center gym is open for youth during spring break. There are daily morning walks, group games, sports skill development, basketball and other physical activities plus healthy snacks. There’s a Lacrosse Camp this morning at 9.
- The Community Action Team will have a Building Native Communities Financial Skills for Families class that will cover all six sessions today – 8:30 to 4:30. To register call 541-553-3148.
- Senior Fitness Class is this morning at 10:45 at the Senior Center. Following class, participants can enjoy a meal. On the menu today: grilled chicken salad.
- These are today’s fitness classes in Warm Springs – Functional Fitness at 12:10 at the Community Center and Pi-Yo at the clinic atrium also at 12:10.
- Papalaxsimisha and OHSU On-Track will have an information night this evening from 5:30-7pm in the Family Resource Center conference room.
- Everyone is welcome to the Miss Warm Springs Pageant tonight at 6pm the Agency Longhouse. All former Miss Warm Springs’ are encouraged to attend in regalia and crowns.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship has bible study at 6pm at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Bible Study and Prayer this evening at 6:00.
- There is an application workshop for the Student Summer Work Program tomorrow at the Education Building. Attend either the 9am-noon or 1-4pm workshop and bring a Tribal ID or CIB, a school ID or transcript and a social security card. FMI: 541-553-3324.
- Tomorrow Agency District Candidates are hosting a “Talk with the Candidates” opportunity with voters from 9:30-3:30 at the Tribal Administration Building. Everyone is invited to stop by.
- There is a Family Movie showing tomorrow at 1:30 in the Community Center Social Hall.
- Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting young people ages 16-24 for its Spring cohort beginning in mid-April. The program is geared toward youth who either have dropped out or are on the verge of being dropped from traditional high school. Members can earn a GED, diploma, college credit and job skills working in the classroom and in the field. Anyone interested must attend an information session to be considered. The next info session is tomorrow from 5-6:30pm in Sisters. Call 541-526-1380 to get details and to sign up.
- There is a Penny Carnival tomorrow in the Warm Springs Youth Center Gym from 6-8pm. There will be food, games, crafts and music. Anyone interested in setting up a booth should call the Prevention Program at 541-615-0112.
- There is a Job Information Night for Teens on Friday from 1-3pm at the Greeley Heights Community Building. It will cover topics about applying, prepping for interviews and being a successful employee.
- 2019 Warm Springs Nation Little League – baseball, softball and t-ball – registrations are being taken from 8am to 4:30pm at the Community Center – the deadline is this Friday. Practices begin April 1st. Managers and coaches are still needed. FMI: 541-325-3856.
The Native Youth Exploring Higher Education summer camp at Washington State University is taking applications now through June 15th. The free camp is July 15-19 and is open to students who will enter grades 9-10 in the fall. It’s for students to learn about college opportunities and education. Information and registration is available online at Native dot WSU dot EDU under the “Prospective Students” tab. https://native.wsu.edu/nyehe/
COCC is hosting an evening of Native American flute and percussion music at Wille Hall on the Bend Campus on Thursday, April 4th. Grammy nominees R. Carlos Nakai and Will Clipman will perform from 6-8pm. It’s free and open to the public.
The Johnson O’Malley Committee will cover costs for caps, gowns and tassels for graduates. Pick up J.O.M. Request Forms from Carroll Dick at the Old Boys’ Dorm. J.O.M. Committee is also able to help with an allowance for spring sports – elementary through high school. The deadline to submit a request is April 11th.
Warm Springs Tribal Council Election Day is Thursday April 4th. Voting will take place from 8am until 8pm at the Community Center. Candidate interviews and recordings from all of the candidate’s forums can be listened to online at KWSO dot org. Click on the yellow Tribal Council Candidate box at the top of our home page. Remember to vote April 4th.