Community Calendar for Friday April 12, 2019
- 4/12 Tribal Council will re-certify the 28th Tribal Council Election Results this morning at 9:00.
- There is a yard sale today thru Sunday from 9am to 6pm at 1782 Tao-Shuh in West Hills.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be chicken & avocado sandwiches, carrot salad.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League will hold opening ceremonies today on the front lawn of the Community Counseling Center from 5:30-7pm. There will be a light meal.
- The Healing of the Nations event is today and tomorrow at the Community Center. This evening and tomorrow there is a dinner at 6pm followed by Pastor Titus Upham of Browning, Montana at 7. On Saturday, there is lunch at noon and a ministering to women by Angel Upham. Everyone is welcome.
- The Jefferson County Community Film Center will show The Favourite, rated R, for its Friday night movie. It’s a free event at 7:30pm in the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library in Madras.
- Week of the Young Child events will be held tomorrow at Sahalee Park in Madras. There will be a parade at 10am and games, photos, Smokey the Bear, information and resources for young children and their families. There will also be prizes for decorating the bikes, trikes and strollers for the children’s walking parade.
- The Madras High School students headed to Tomi City, Japan this June are having a fundraising car wash tomorrow 10 to 3:00 in the Napa Auto Parts parking lot. There is a suggested donation of $10 per car and $15 per large truck or van. \
- A Junior Jackpot Rodeo will be held tomorrow at noon in the indoor arena at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Madras. Bareback Ranch Bronc and Wild Pony Races, Mini Bulls, Steers and junior Bulls. This will be a Wild West buckers regional qualifier event. Call or text 541-280-1342.
- Country Quilters of Jefferson County will have their 14th Biennial Quilt Show tomorrow from noon to 5 and Sunday from 1-3 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. All quilters are welcome. Admission is free and donations accepted.
- East Cascade Retirement Community will hold its annual Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow at 1pm. It is open to the public.
Tananawit – A Community of Native Artists will hold a kickoff event on April 18th at the Museum at Warm Springs. A dinner and raffle start at 5, followed by guest speakers and an awards ceremony. It’s free but donations are welcome. There will also be some vendors.
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is May 10th at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.