Community Calendar for Friday April 5, 2019
- There is no school today for 509-J students. It is a Teacher Grading Day.
- First time student workers who want to work this summer should attend a workshop today on Job Safety, First Aid, and Emergency Preparedness. Training is in the Emergency Management Building, 1116 Wasco Street. There are 2 sessions – 8:30 to noon and 1-4:00 – you only need to attend one. FMI: Work Experience Development Department 541-553-3324.
- Tribal Council will meet this morning at 9 with the Election Board on the Election Results, followed by a discussion about the 1980 Census.
- The Middle Deschutes Watershed Council is holding a highway cleanup event along Highway 26 from 10am to noon today . Anyone who wants to help can meet at the OSU Ag Research Center and pitch in.
- A senior citizen fitness class is held Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 10:45 at the Senior Building. After class, participants can eat brunch. Today’s meal will be chili beans and biscuits.
- Early Head Start group socialization is today from 11am to 1pm at ECE.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Jefferson County Community Film Center will show Bohemian Rhapsody, rated PG-13, for its Friday night movie. It’s a free event at 7:30pm in the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library in Madras.
- Tonight is the final night of the Warm Springs Baptist Church’s revival starting at 6:30 featuring Cherokee Evangelist Gary Leach. All are invited.
- The Jefferson County Historical Society will hold its annual dinner at 6pm tomorrow at the Senior Center in Madras. The guest speaker is Carol Leon, whose topic will be “Looking at the Museum from the Inside Out.” The cost is $45.
- The 2019 Simnasho Longhouse Root Feast is Sunday starting at 9am.
- Opera Bend will perform “Don Giovanni” on Sunday at 3pm at the Madras Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available now at www.OperaBend.org or at the door on Sunday.
The University of Oregon is offering the Indigenous Pre-College Academy July 21-28 at U of O in Eugene and it is open to students who will be in grades 9-12 in the coming school year. It is free, rooms and meals will be provided. Applications are due April 15. Get all of the details and apply online at https://admissions.uoregon.edu/ipca
The 30th Annual Honor Senior Day is May 10th at the Agency Longhouse. Everyone is welcome to attend and if you want to be on theme – wear your boots, chaps and cowboy hats! Contact the Senior Program if you would like to help out – 541-553-3313.