Community Calendar for Saturday April 20, 2019
- There are Easter Egg Hunts in Warm Springs this morning at 10:00 SHARP. Kindergarten age youth and older will hunt on the lawn in front of the Behavioral Health Center. Pre-K will be in the fenced area of the Family Resource Center.
- The city of Metolius will hold an Easter egg at 10am at Metolius City Park. Culver’s annual Easter egg hunt is this afternoon at the Culver Veterans Memorial Park at 1pm.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Easter Sunday Services will held at The Door Christian Fellowship Church, 2315 Hollywood Blvd, in Warm Springs tomorrow. Services begin at 11am. For information contact Pastor Desmond Wheeler 541-419-7521.
- The Madras Elks Lodge’s annual Easter egg hunt is on Sunday at 1pm at Sahalee Park in madras.
There is a Victim Impact Panel on Tuesday from 6-7:30pm at the Warm Springs Baptist Church. Community members are welcome to attend and listen.
The Madras-Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce will host a forum for candidates running for various boards and positions in Jefferson County in May. It will at the Madras COCC campus on Wednesday starting with a meet and greet at 5:30 and candidate presentations and forum at 6pm.
This year’s Jefferson County Community Read is “Birding Without Borders” by Noah Stricker. It is a non-fiction book about the author’s travel around the world documenting thousands of species of birds. Art Adventure Gallery will once again feature an exhibit with artwork inspired by the Community Read selection. Artists in all mediums are welcome. Applications are available at the gallery and online at artadventuregallery.com. Artwork is due on Friday.
The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will have a walk-in intake clinic on April 29th from 1:30-3:30pm at the Community Action Team office. Free civil legal service is available to eligible tribal members. Stop by to find out if the program can help with your legal need.
Youth ages 16–18 are being recruited to work on the Central Oregon Youth Conservation Corps Crews this summer. They positions to fill in Warm Springs, Madras, Prineville, and several other locations. They are looking for crew members and adult crew leaders. Get details and apply at heartoforegon.org. The deadline is May 1st.
A National Day of Prayer meeting for Warm Springs will take place on May 2nd from noon until 1:00 at the Presbyterian Church.