- Warm Springs Public Utilities has issued a boil water order for the reservation’s agency area served by the Water Treatment Plant. This means you should use bottled water or boil water for at least three minutes before using for drinking, food preparation, washing dishes, brushing teeth or making ice. They hope to have the issue resolved by tomorrow.
- The Warm Springs Early Childhood Education Center will be closed until the Boil Water Order is lifted.
- There will be a bottled water distribution today starting at 7:30am at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League is still taking signups. They are looking for more 11-12 year olds and junior boys for baseball. Register at the Recreation office.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: cedar salmon, wild rice pilaf, candied roots & carrots, plus fresh fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- Wellness of Warm Springs meets at noon today in the Conference Room at the Family Resource Center. Victims of Crime Staff will talk about their activities to mark April as Domestic Violence Awareness month. On the menu is: Beef & Fresh Vegetable Teriyaki Stir Fry with Rice & Cole Slaw.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- There is social dance class today at 4:00 in the Community Center aerobics room.
- KWSO and BendFilm are hosting a “how to make a video” workshop today from 5-8 at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy. Participants should bring a smart phone to shoot some video. This is a free workshop open to ages teen and up. Space is limited so please arrive on time.
- The Healing of the Nations event will be held in Warm Springs this weekend at the Community Center. Friday & Saturday there is a dinner at 6pm followed by Pastor Titus Upham of Browning, Montana at 7. On Saturday, there is lunch at noon and a ministering to women by Angel Upham.
- The Jefferson County Community Film Center will show The Favourite, rated R, for its Friday night movie. It’s a free event at 7:30pm in the Rodriguez Annex, next to the library in Madras.
- Week of the Young Child events will be held this Saturday at Sahalee Park in Madras. There will be a parade at 10am and games, photos, Smokey Bear, information and resources for young children and their families. There will also be prizes for decorating the bikes, trikes and strollers for the children’s walking parade.
- The Madras High School students headed to Tomi City, Japan this June are having a fundraising car wash this Saturday from 10 to 3:00 in the Napa Auto Parts parking lot. There is a suggested donation of $10 per car and $15 per large truck or van.
- A Junior Jackpot Rodeo will be held this Saturday at noon in the indoor arena at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Madras. Bareback Ranch Bronc and Wild Pony Races, Mini Bulls, Steers and junior Bulls. This will be a Wild West buckers regional qualifier event. Call or text 541-280-1342.
- Country Quilters of Jefferson County will have their 14th Biennial Quilt Show Saturday from noon to 5 and Sunday from 1-3 at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. All quilters are welcome. Admission is free and donations accepted.
- East Cascade Retirement Community will hold its annual Easter Egg Hunt this Saturday at 1pm. It is open to the public.
Youth ages 16–18 are being recruited to work on the Central Oregon Youth Conservation Corps Crews this summer. They positions to fill in Warm Springs, Madras, Prineville, and several other locations. They are looking for crew members and adult crew leaders. Get details and apply at heartoforegon.org. The deadline is May 1st.