Community Calendar for Friday May 3, 2019
- T-Ball families need to get their Little League registration forms turned into the Recreation Office at the Community Center for Edmund Francis so they can make teams and do schedules. Please turn in your T-Ball registration this week. Warm Springs Nation Little League is still recruiting players for 11-12 year old majors baseball.
- There is a revival today through Sunday at the Agency Longhouse. Services today and tomorrow are at 10am, 2pm and 7pm. On Sunday, there is a birthday celebration for Lola Sohappy at 10, a potluck meal at 12:30 and an evening service.
- There is a Behavior Health Walk-In Clinic today – appointments are available between 1 and 5pm. The Medical Social Workers at the clinic can help with screenings, assessments, crisis intervention and many other things for children, adolescents and adults.
- The Jefferson County Library Film Center will show the movie Black Panther, rated PG-13, for its Friday night movie. It’s free to attend. It will be shown at 7:30 in the Rodriguez Annex next to the Library.
- A Small Business Conference will be hosted by the Warm Springs Chamber of Commerce and Community Action Team tomorrow at the Community Center starting at 8:30 that morning. It will focus on maintaining successful businesses on the reservation. FMI: Dustin Seyler 541-553-3148.
- Hood Meadows is having its Seasons End Festival tomorrow. It’s live music on the Mt. Hood Meadows Sun Deck from 11 AM to 4 PM that day, rain or shine. There will be dancing, food, drinks and music.
Indian Head Casino & Plateau Travel Plaza will hold a Relay for Life Jefferson County 4-person golf scramble tournament fundraiser on Saturday, May 18th at Desert Peaks Golf Course in Madras. For information contact Janell Smith 541-325-1472.
The Trauma, Healing and Resiliency Conference – a methamphetamine and suicide prevention initiative will be held at the Museum at Warm Springs May 29-30 from 8:30-4:30 each day. For more information contact Rosanna Jackson at the Prevention office 541-615-0036.
Warm Springs Recreation will host the Lil’ Miss Warm Springs Pageant on Wednesday, May 22. There’s a dinner at 5pm and the pageant will follow at the Community Center.
Warm Springs Recreation will have its spring yards sale on Saturday, May 11th from 9am to 4pm at the Community Center. Tables are limited. Call the Rec office at 541-553-3243 to reserve.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.