Community Calendar for Saturday June 1, 2019
- There is a boil water order in effect for the Warm Springs Agency Water System. That means you should boil water for drinking or cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth & making ice OR use bottled water.
- This is affecting everyone in the Agency Area plus Upper Dry Creek, Sunnyside, Wolfe Point & Kah-Nee-Ta.
- For those in the affected areas – there is bottled water distribution today & tomorrow 10am – 3pm at the Old Warm Springs Elementary School Library. You can also fill up your own containers with water for non-consumption use.
- Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will remain closed next week and until the boil water order is lifted.
- The Warm Springs K thru 8 Academy will be open for regular school hours next week with a plan in place to address all water issues.
- A total water outage is anticipated early in the week ahead. This will affect Agency area homes, offices and businesses along and south of highway 26.
- Madras High School Graduation is this morning at 9:00 – the stadium will open at 8am for family seating. Graduating seniors need to report to the high school commons by 7am.
- COCC’s First Nations Student Union is having its annual salmon bake today from 10:30 to 3:00 at the COCC athletic field on the Bend Campus. It is free and open to all. There will be a salmon lunch, traditional dancing, vendors and a silent auction.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League games today – Major Baseball is at Redmond. Junior Softball plays at Bend. Major Softball is in Sisters. Minor Softball hosts a double header starting at 11am.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30 following services. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
Warm Springs Early Childhood Education will be closed Monday due to the Water Boil Order.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs is enrolling now for its summer program. Membership forms are available at the Club. The Summer Program will be available weekdays from 8am to 5pm, meals provided through the summer. The member fee is $25. FMI: 541-553-2323. Scholarships are available through Warm Springs Housing – stop by their office to apply.
Canyon Ranch Kids Camp is coming up in June. It’s a Christian Camp for boys and girls ages 8-13. Girls’ camp is June 18-20 and boys camp June 21-23. For more information contact Gladys Grant 541-325-2650.
Boarding School Applications for Chemawa in Salem, Riverside in Anadarko, Oklahoma, Sherman in Riverside, California, and Flandreau in South Dakota are due July 31st. Applications are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the Education Building.
Vendors are being recruited for the Warm Springs Outdoor Market that will be located near the Community Action Team office on campus this year. The Kick off date is June 14th. Other Market dates are: June 21st, July 5th & 19th, August 2nd, 16th & 30th plus September 13th. Stop by or contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office for details.
The Johnson O’Malley summer activity allowances need to be applied for by June 7th. 509-J and Wasco County students, age 3 up to 12th grade, who are members of a federally recognized tribe are eligible. Parents/guardians need to complete the paperwork with Carroll Dick at the Higher Education office.