Community Calendar for Saturday May 11, 2019
- Warm Springs Recreation’s spring yard sale is today from 9am to 4pm at the Community Center.
- It’s the last chance for Movin’ Mountains participants to have final weigh-ins today at the Jefferson County Public Health department in Madras from 9:00-2:00.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 9:30 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to place their tote at the road. This will help them save time so they can do all the scheduled pick up with the staff and equipment they have available right now. If you have questions – call the landfill at 553-3163.
- The Madras Aquatic Center Recreation District board of directors will meet on Monday at 6:30pm at the MAC.
Wildfire safety begins with you. Since people start most wildfires do your part to prevent them. Whether you are burning yard debris or having a cook out – never leave a fire unattended. Be sure and check any fire restrictions. Avoid driving on dry grass or using power equipment near dry vegetation and dispose BBQ charcoal properly by soaking them in water. Do these things to prevent wildfires.
The Trauma, Healing and Resiliency Conference – a methamphetamine and suicide prevention initiative will be held at the Museum at Warm Springs May 29-30 from 8:30-4:30 each day. For more information contact Rosanna Jackson at the Prevention office 541-615-0036. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Warm Springs Recreation will host the Lil’ Miss Warm Springs Pageant on Wednesday, May 22. There’s a dinner at 5pm and the pageant will follow at the Community Center.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs is enrolling now for its summer program. Membership forms are available at the Club. The Summer Program will be available weekdays from 8am to 5pm, meals provided through the summer. The member fee is $25. FMI: 541-553-2323. Scholarships are available through Warm Springs Housing – stop by their office to apply.
The Warm Springs K-8 middle school art classes would like to learn local, Native crafts–especially beading. They are looking for several local volunteers to come in and help teach beading or another craft to the students. If you are interested in helping, contact Kayla Goold by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 781-728-9824.