Community Calendar for Tuesday May 14, 2019
- Here is today’s Tribal Council agenda: This morning they will go into executive session, followed by updates from the Chief Operations Officer, Public Utilities and Public Safety. This afternoon will be updates on Natural Resources, Health & Human Services, Education and Development.
- Today’s Senior Lunch at noon is pork chops, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, bread and fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- The Jefferson County Food Bank is located at 556 SE Seventh Street in Madras. They are open for distribution this afternoon.
- Voc Rehab in Warm Springs will hold an orientation session today at 3:00 in Behavioral Health Center conference room. Those who cannot make it to one of the scheduled weekly sessions can call 541-553-4952 to request a one-on-one orientation.
- Warm Springs Nation Little League games today – Major Softball and Major Baseball play at Crook County. The Braves host Sisters Black, Junior Softball hosts Jefferson County and the Warriors host Crook County. Tee Ball Teams have practice today.
- There is a Warriors for Wellbriety meeting this evening at High Lookee Lodge. They have drum practice at 6:30 and the meeting is at 7:30.
- A Jefferson County Victims Assistance advocate will be at the Warm Springs Victims of Crime Services office tomorrow. Folks can get help with things like case assistance, paperwork, and other resources. Appointments can also be made for other times. For information call Ken Clark 541-475-4452 or VOCS 553-2293.
- The Land Use Planning Committee will meet tomorrow from 9-noon at the Tribal Admin Building, conference room 3.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon will have a walk-in intake clinic tomorrow from 1:30-3:30pm and on Thursday from 10am until noon at the Community Action Team office. Free civil legal service is available to eligible tribal members. Stop by to find out if the program can help with your legal need.
- Team Trivia at Wild Winds Station in Madras is tomorrow at 7pm. It’s a fundraiser for Jefferson County Relay for Life.
- St. Charles Madras invites the public to celebrate healing and hope at its Hospital Week Celebration Thursday from 5-6pm in the hospital’s Healing Garden.
- Art Adventure Gallery will hold its opening reception of its new exhibit on Thursday from 5:30-7pm. It features artwork inspired by the 2019 Jefferson County Community Read selection from author Noah Stricker titled “Birding Without Borders.” Everyone is invited to meet the author and view the exhibit.
Taking the necessary steps to prepare for a wildfire can drastically increase survival chances of both life and property. Before fire season is here – trim any low hanging braches within a 30 foot perimeter around your home and any other structures on your property. Be Safe by being prepared. This is one thing you can do to be prepared for wildfire season.
The Boys & Girls Club of Warm Springs is enrolling now for its summer program. Membership forms are available at the Club. The Summer Program will be available weekdays from 8am to 5pm, meals provided through the summer. The member fee is $25. FMI: 541-553-2323. Scholarships are available through Warm Springs Housing – stop by their office to apply.
Canyon Ranch Kids Camp is coming up in June. It’s a Christian Camp for boys and girls ages 8-13. Girls’ camp is June 18-20 and boys camp June 21-23. For more information contact Gladys Grant 541-325-2650.