Community Calendar for Sunday June 23, 2019
- It’s the last day of the Rock, Gem & Mineral show at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. It will be open from 9am to 4pm. There are booths, vendors, entertainment, activities and field trips. Parking and admission are free.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets this morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00 this morning.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open from 11:30-1:30 today. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
- A three-day class titled “Introduction to the Brain States” will be held this week on Monday, Thursday and Friday from 11am to noon at the Family Resource Center Conference room. It’s a free class open to anyone. You must attend all three classes to receive a certificate of participation. Contact Charlene 541-615-0036 for more information.
The Pi-Ume-Sha Health Fair is on Wednesday from 9am to 1pm in the Community Center gym. There will be lots of health screenings, activities, demonstrations and information – plus healthy snacks and free t-shirts to participants.
The Warm Springs Graduation Honor Banquet for high school and higher education graduates is coming up Wednesday at 6pm at the Simnasho Longhouse. Dinner will be served and family and community members are invited to honor celebrate.
The Museum at Warm Springs will have the opening reception for its new exhibit “Resilience – The Boarding School Experience of Warm Springs and Beyond” on Thursday. That morning from 10-11:30 Phil Cash Cash will give a presentation about Healing from Historical Trauma and the Boarding School Experience. That evening there is an opening reception from 5:30-7pm.
The 50th Annual Pi-Ume-Sha Treaty Days is next weekend Warm Springs.
Pi-Ume-Sha Stick Games will be Friday through Sunday. There’s are traditional and open games Friday, a three-man tournament on Saturday and on Sunday a free kids’ tournament & free bone hog. FMI: Vanessa Crane 541-460-0105 or Alice Sampson 553-3205.
The 50th Annual Pi-Ume-Sha All-Indian Rodeo will run Friday through Sunday at the Warm Springs Rodeo Grounds. There’s a youth rodeo at 4pm Friday, and Slack for Saturday will follow that evening. Saturday’s show is at 1:00. Sunday slack is at 10am, and the show at 1. Admission will be $5 per person. Senior citizens and kids 6 & under are free.
The Endurance Horse Race is on Pi-ume-sha Saturday, June 29th starting at 8am at the Warm Springs Shaker Church. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the junior and senior divisions.
Pre-registration is being taken for the Pi-Ume-Sha Fun Run on Saturday, June 29th. There will be a 10k, 5k and 1-mile fun run/walk. You can register now at the Community Center office. Day of registration starts at 8am, and all races start at 9.