Community Calendar for Thursday June 13, 2019
- The project to repair the broken 14 inch water main in the Shitike Creek is being coordinated and could start by the end of this week. Keep listening to KWSO for details. Notice will be given when work is scheduled to begin. During the repair – there will be a complete water outage for the Agency Area including – Campus, West Hills, Tenino Valley, Tenino Apartments, Elliott Heights, Senior Housing, Trailer Courts, and Greeley Heights.
- Water outages will also affect businesses located along Highway 26.
- Everyone is reminded to conserve water – no watering the lawn or using excessive water. This will help to help maintain reservoir levels.
- Portable toilets are placed throughout the community for use and there are showers with hot water set up at the Old Warm Springs Elementary School.
- The boil water order remains in place and will continue until after the broken water main is fixed. That means you should boil water for drinking or cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth & making ice OR else use bottled water.
- This is affecting everyone in Greeley Heights, Elliot Heights, Trailer Courts, Senior Housing, Tenino Apartments, Tenino Valley, West Hills, Campus Area, Miller Heights, Upper Dry Creek, Sunnyside, Wolfe Point and Kah-nee-ta.
- Drinking water distribution is taking place at the Old Elementary School Library.
- A Reservation Wide BURN BAN is in effect for Warm Springs due to dry fuel conditions and lack of water for fire suppression, it is critical we all take precautions to keep the community safe. The Burn Ban is for all outside burning including camp fires and fireworks are prohibited as well.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- There is Ichishkin Class today from noon-1:00 at the Museum. Bring your own lunch.
- The Madras-Jefferson County Chamber Coffee Cuppers will be hosted by Hanson Hay Farm and Tack tomorrow at 8am. It’s located at 9212 SW Bear Drive.
- The Madras High School girls’ basketball program is having a fundraising car wash and can/bottle drive tomorrow in the Les Schwab parking lot from 10am to 2pm. If you need cans and bottles picked up, contact one of the players or coaches Jerin Say, Butch David or Tony Holliday.
- Tribal Council is advertising vacancies on the Water Control Board, Ventures Board, Tribal Employment Rights Office Commission and Credit Board. Letters of interest and resumes must be submitted to Secretary- Treasurer Michele Stacona by 5pm tomorrow.
- The 2019 Warm Springs Outdoor Market will kick off tomorrow from 10am to 6pm with a free hot dog BBQ from 11:30-2pm. The market will be on campus next to the Community Action Team office, on the corner of Paiute Ave. & Warm Springs St. Interested vendors should contact Emily Courtney at 541-553-3148.
- The Culver City Wide Yard Sales will be this Saturday. A list and map will be available at local businesses in Culver.
If you have unused or expired medications you need to get rid of, the Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center now has a MedSafe drop box to dispose of old meds. Bring them to large blue box located in the pharmacy waiting area to safely dispose of unneeded medications.
Pre-registration is being taken for the Pi-Ume-Sha Fun Run on Saturday, June 29th. There will be a 10k, 5k and 1-mile fun run/walk. You can register now at the Community Center office. Day of registration starts at 8am, and all races start at 9.
The BIA General Assistance office is now only giving out and accepting applications from 9am-11am Monday-Friday. After G.A. applications are returned, an intake appointment must be scheduled. The office is closed during the lunch hour from noon to 1. After 1pm the office is only open for scheduled appointments, and to drop off monthly activity logs.
A three-day class titled “Introduction to the Brain States” will be held June 24, 27 & 28 from 11am to noon at the Family Resource Center Conference room. It’s a free class open to anyone. You must attend all three classes to receive a certificate of participation. Contact Charlene 541-615-0036 for more information.