Community Calendar for Saturday July 27, 2019
- There is still a Boil Water Order for the Warm Springs Agency Water System and that is expected to last at least for a couple more weeks. Drinking Water Distribution is this weekend at the old Elementary School library from 10am – 3pm.
- The Madras Farmers and Artisans Market is today from 9am to 2pm at Sahalee Park.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting this morning at 10 at Community Counseling.
- It’s the last day of the Jefferson County Fair and Rodeo. Entry into the fair is free. It’s Can Cancer Day – you can wear purple to show your support. Live music tonight by Satin Love Orchestra starts at 9. The rodeo is at 7 this evening.
- There is a revival this evening at the stick game pavilion at 7:00 with a young minister from Browning, Montana.
- The Madras Aquatic Center will be closing at 6pm, so there will be no evening lap swim or sunset swim.
- Warm Springs Christian Fellowship meets Sunday morning at 10 at the Senior Center.
- The Warm Springs Baptist Church has Sunday School at 10:00 and Worship Service at 11:00.
- The Warm Springs Food Bank is located at the Presbyterian Church. They are open Sundays from 11:30-1:30. All food banks and pantries do take donations of non-perishable food or cash
Boarding School Applications for students who plan to attend Chemawa, Riverside, Sherman, or Flandreau Indian Schools are due July 31st. Applications are available at the Higher Education office on the top floor of the Old Boys Dorm.
The Warm Springs Back to School Barbecue is coming up on Thursday, August 29th from 4-6pm at the K-8 Academy.
Heart of Oregon YouthBuild is recruiting youth ages 16-24 years for its Fall 2019 cohort starting October 14th. YouthBuild members earn their GED, high school diploma, college credit, and job skills. There is an education award awarded for participants. There are information sessions scheduled at their Cloverdale office in Sisters. The first one will be on August 22nd. Other dates are September 5, 12, 26 or October 3 also in Sisters. You MUST attend one of the information sessions to be considered for the YouthBuild Program. Details are available online at www.heartoforegon.org.
The Family Jamboree Day in Warm Springs will be held on August 15th from 3-7pm. There will be family fun activities plus a talent show hosted by Blue Flamez, jumping houses, rock climbing, music and new this year – an outdoor market and food vendors. If you are interested in being a vendor contact Emily Courtney at the Community Action Team office.
Warm Springs Sanitation reminds residents to bring your garbage totes to the road on your scheduled pick up days. And, remember that totes are for garbage only – no yard debris or grass clippings.
The city of Culver is seeking vendors for the Culver Crawdad Festival being held August 17. Call 541-546-6494 for more information.