Community Calendar for Thursday August 1, 2019
- Drinking water distribution for those in the Boil Water Order areas – is today 7:30am – 6pm at the old Warm Springs Elementary Library. Showers are also available 6am – 9pm daily. The boil water order will remain in effect.
- There will be rolling water outages this week as work continues to prepare for replacement of the Pressure Relief Valve Stations.
- Nutritious meals are available this summer through the 509-J Summer Food Service Meal Program. Today’s meals in Madras are at Bridges in the Westside School – breakfast is at 7:45 and lunch at 12:00; and at the Warm Springs Youth Center where breakfast is served 8:45-9:15 and lunch is available 12-12:30.
- The Senior Wellness Center is having Senior lunch at noon – on the menu: beef stroganoff, baked squash and canned fruit. Seniors 60 and older eat for free, 59 and under are $5 and youth under 13 are $3 at the Senior Wellness Center.
- There is an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting today at noon at the counseling center and Narcotics Anonymous meeting at 6pm at the Shaker Church.
- The Downtown Park & Play event is today from 5-9pm on 5th Street in Madras. Everyone is invited to enjoy a warm summer evening of food, music and vendors.
- The Art Adventure Gallery’s All-Jefferson County Exhibit will feature artists who live in and around Jefferson County. The opening reception is this evening from 5:30-7PM.
- Tananawit’s movie night fundraiser is tonight in the Community Center Social Hall at 7pm. They are showing the movie Mulan. Admission is by donation – they will accept cash donations or recyclable cans donations.
- The Native American Program Legal Aid Services of Oregon is offering free civil legal services in specialized areas to eligible tribal members. There is a walk-in intake clinic tomorrow from 10am to noon at the Community Action Team office.
- The Warm Springs Outdoor Market will be set up tomorrow from 10am to 3pm on campus in front of the Community Action Team office. New vendors and anyone fundraising is invited to set up. KWSO will be there with gear for sale and we will also be selling food. Looking forward to seeing you at the outdoor market this Friday 10am until 3pm!
The Heart Healthy Heroes Club – a series of classes to help you improve your heart health while saving money through prevention – will be held in Warm Springs on August 13, 20 & 27 from 11am to noon at the clinic. It is free to anyone with heart disease or other chronic heart conditions and family members who would like to learn more. Register online at www.stcharleshealthcare.org.
The city of Culver is seeking vendors for the Culver Crawdad Festival being held August 17. Call 541-546-6494 for more information.
Tribal youth, ages 14-18, are encouraged to apply to participate in two outdoor experiences this month – a backpacking course August 26-28 on the Warm Springs Reservation or a Deschutes Rafting Course August 26-30. There is a community gathering planned for all participants on August 25th. There is no cost to tribal youth participants, and registration is due August 16th. For more information on the registration process, contact TJ Foltz at 541-615-0142 or email@example.com.
Families of incoming kindergarten students at the Warm Springs K-8 Academy need to be sure their student is enrolled for the coming school year. Registration packets are available at the School District office, 445 SE Buff Street in Madras. They need to be turned in by August 8th. Summer school for the kinders at the K8 will start August 12th. If you have questions call Heilan at 541-475-6192.